Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: How can Pitch Slider Direction Logic be reversed?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is there a way to increase the pitch by pushing the pitch slider upward instead of downward?

Thanks

Mensajes Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 10:26 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi

try......

param_invert & pitch_slider

Or...

pitch_slider

one goes one way and the other goes the oposite,hope thats what your looking for

PJay

Mensajes Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 1:06 am
PJay wrote :
Hi

try......

param_invert & pitch_slider

Or...

pitch_slider

one goes one way and the other goes the oposite,hope thats what your looking for

PJay

Hi PJ,

How do you get to "Param, etc."

I have version 6 on my Vista DT and XP LT.

Mensajes Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 4:41 am
Do you mean change the direction on the skin? or controller?

Mensajes Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 5:40 am
Skin. I am trying to work only from the Laptop. Of course the signal goes to my mixer.

Mensajes Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 6:30 am
Which skin are you using?

Mensajes Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 6:34 am
Whichever skin you are using, you need to go into the folder where the skin xml file is....

open the xml file up in a text editor >>> scroll down until you see something along the lines of.....

Pitch Deck A
-------------------------------------------------------------------
<slider action="deck 1 pitch" orientation="vertical" direction="down" dblclick="deck 1 pitch 100%" rightclick="temporary" >

then you need to change the .... direction = "down" ... to .... direction = "up"

then scroll down to do the same for

Pitch Deck B
-------------------------------------------------------------------

if you have any problems, just let me know

PJay

Mensajes Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 6:48 am
The Version 6 Skin Dropdown gives only Skin Options. I see no way to alter skin functions there.

Mensajes Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 8:51 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can't edit skin functions from within VDJ - you have to open the actual skin XML file in a text editor and change it.

Mensajes Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 7:38 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You have gotten the answer you need, but I just want to comment on your topic title - - "Topic: How can Pitch Slider Direction Logic be reversed?"

And the logic is not reversed ... you are reversing the logic to accomodate what you see. You see things a up is greater and down is less, hence the reason you think logic is backwards ...

The pitch control is based around the clockwise rotation of the turntable. Pushing up or towards the back of the turntable in the opposite direction of the spinning platter, so you would be going against the direction of spin (visually) so therefore slowing down the speed. To pull forward or towards the front of the turntable you would be going in the same direction of the platter and therefore increasing it's speed.

Mensajes Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 1:46 pm
SBDJ wrote :
You can't edit skin functions from within VDJ - you have to open the actual skin XML file in a text editor and change it.

Thanks but this is sort of Greek to me.

What is the actual skin XML?

What is a text editor?

Mensajes Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 8:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Go into your skins folder, find the skin you want to change and unzip it.

You will be presented with a BMP and an XML file. Open the XML file in something like Notepad, make the changes, then save.

Open VirtualDJ and select the skin you just edited.

Mensajes Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 8:03 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)