Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Keyboard Shortcuts - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

elite1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I had created quite a few of my own keyboard shortcuts and could load them in prior versions until VJD 6. For instance, I had it set where the letters were used for crossfade, H=Center, J-Tap right, K-momentary right, L-slam right and then G-tap left, F-momentary left and D-slam left. Since installing VDJ6, all of the functions to move the crossfader to the right work fine. The H, J, K & L all work and the G for tapping the crossfader slowly left works, but the momentary and the slam left do not work no matter what I try doing to fix them. What's the secrect or why did this quit...and how do I load the keyboard shortcuts I've saved from 5? It only seems to want to reset to factory default or do nothing.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Mensajes Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 5:10 pm
See as usual for the past 5 years, I'm not going to get any response or help.

Mensajes Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 3:01 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can use while_pressed for a temporary action - crossfader 0% while_pressed - for example.

What actions did you use before? If you list the commands, we can convert them for you.

Mensajes Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 5:34 am
I THOUGHT i was the only 1 with this prob i even tried redoing the xml file into my old 5.2 settings but it seems everytime i try to change a buttom another buttom changes to sum else its very confusing

Mensajes Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 6:18 pm
Here is what I used to have prior to 6.0 working just fine. I just opened the XML file and am copying it here:

These still do work - <sc key="H" action="crossfader" value="2048" />
<sc key="J" action="crossfader" value="+128" />
<sc key="G" action="crossfader" value="-128" />

These do not work now - <sc key="K" action="crossfader" value="temporary 4096" />
<sc key="F" action="crossfader" value="temporary" />
<sc key="L" action="crossfader" value="4096" />
<sc key="D" action="crossfader" />

K was for momentary full crossfade to the right
F was for momentary full crossfade to the left
L was for full instant crossfade to the right
D was for full instant crossfade to the left

Mensajes Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 11:03 am
YO I JUST UPGRADED FROM VDJ 5.2 TO 6.01. WEN I LOADED MY OLD CUES AND HISTORY DATABASE AND SHORTCUTS THEY DONT WORK. NOW I'M THE RESIDENT DJ FOR THE BIGGEST AND BEST CLUB IN JAMAICA AND ALL MY SONGS ARE SET AND READY. YEARS OF CUEING! I CANT AFFORD TO START OVER AGAIN IN VERSION 6! I DID IT B4 WEN I WAS USING ATOMIX AND HAD TO CONVERT TO VDJ. I SIMPLY REFUSE TO START OVER! IS THERE A WAY WHERE I CAN CONVERT ALL MY VDJ 5.2 PROGRESS SO IT'S COMPATIBLE, FULLY FUNCTIONABLE AND WORKS THE EXACT SAME WAY IN VERSION 6 PLZ? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Mensajes Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 4:18 am
I have found also that my old shortcuts aren't working the same.. i use "b" for beat match "c" for cue point "p" to play etc etc.. and i found that the c and p still work fine but my b does not.. i played around a bit with the settings and i got em to work but only in the form of capital letter i.e b has to be B now and i have to use the caps lock to use them otherwise it sees the command shift+b and does something different.. the rest of my shortcuts i have saved from previous version seem to work fine (granted i dont use many of them so its not that critical in my case) I suggest to the rest of the people having issues to try the caps lock and see if your old shortcuts work.. it seems like the new script doesnt read the lowercase letters.. hope it helps T d-.-b

Mensajes Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 4:08 pm
As I said earlier, yet another issue that doesn't get any clear support or response to. Pretty pathetic having a business with no phone contact, no REAL technical support and no way to get clear, concise answers to these problems. Have been a loyal and faithful user of VDJ now for quite a few years and even have friends I've convinced to buy it as well, but they are with me in turning away very soon if this continues. HELP us for goodness sakes, we've paid for this and we get nothing for support. NOT GOOD! I understand not helping those with copied or 'borrowed' versions and not licensed, but myself and many others are and we get notta.

Mensajes Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 2:51 pm
I usualy only come across issues when they do a major update.. there has been many times in the past where i have just gone back a version or two, give them time to work out the bugs etc at somone elses expense.. to be fair the issues that do come up after a major update are most of the time just having to re-adjust your technique, i know its hard to change old habbits but thats also why i tend to go back to a previous install till i have the time or the option to screw up when no one is listening to make my final transission to new installs/updates.. maybe not right, maybe not fair but it DOES work.. (the things that i do find are problematic almost everytime are usualy the shortcuts, the sound usualy needs some re-tuning, and of course getting used to the new stuff they add or change..) but over all it is in my opinion the absolute best software for live mixing, simple and to the point.. T d-.-b

Mensajes Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 4:58 pm
Ok, so...nice praises, and I agree, I've used VDJ for a very long time and thoroughly enjoy it....but it doesn't change the fact that this still hasn't been asnwered, there is NO existing support other than hoping someone will post an 'understandable' explanation on here and then sifting through hundreds of posts to maybe find that one answer. Going backwards to an old version isn't fixing this problem nor fixing the fact there is not a good technical support option available and never has been. The 2 other DJ softwares that I've used had phone assistance and always answered and corrected any issue I had. Granted, I won't go back to them, but it stinks having to wing it all the time and hope I can figure something out.

As far as crossfader keyboard shortcuts go, there is NO answer yet to how to create keys that slam it full right or left. Center yes, nudge slowly right or left yes...but full out slam it one side or another in 6.0.1...you can't. If you can and someone knows what to type into the command on the mapper for it, let me know. I want the d key to be full crossfade left and l to be full right. It's simple, it worked in ALL versions prior to 6, so what's the secret????

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 3:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
crossfader 0% = left full
crossfader 100% = right full

btw ... how did you install v6? During installation it automatically converts your shortcuts.xml file to the new Keyboard mapping.xml file for v6.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 7:33 pm
cstoll wrote :

btw ... how did you install v6? During installation it automatically converts your shortcuts.xml file to the new Keyboard mapping.xml file for v6.

makes sense.. lol i assume 50% is the middle then lol j/k so in his case he would use the "d" crossfader 0% and "l" as crosfader 100% or something correct?... and i'm sure the when pressed command has to be in there to make it momentary i assume... d-.-b

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 8:04 pm
cstoll wrote :

Not all the shortcuts seem to get converted, I lost a few of my keyboard shortcuts that I had to re-map after the upgrade..

oddly enough some of the ones I lost were my keys that slammed the fader left or right.. I also used the numbers 4096, 2048, and 0
yet my keys that moved the fader slowly came across?

Also the "conversion" put a few doubles in the mapper.. IE: I had changed the "pageup" and "pagedown" to something different, but after the upgrade they stopped working... found out they were still in the 'mapper' but the 'standard' usage was also in there. when I deleted the duplicates MY versions started working.

Mensajes Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 10:12 am
Exactly, what shortcuts did get converted only partially work. I installed 6.0.1 simply by double clicking the installl file after downloading it from the updates section. I did not un-install the older version 5.2.1 I think it was. It worked fine in that version, but many of my old keyboard shortcuts do not work now. Most do, but not all. I didn't do anything different when installing this new version than what I've done every single update previously

Mensajes Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 6:01 pm
cstoll wrote :

btw.....this does NOT work. I have this and tried it both ways;

Key L crossfader 0%
Key D crossfader 100%
This did not work at all

Key L crossfader 0% = right full
Key D crossfader 100% = left full
This did not work at all.

These keys are working -
H crossfader 0.05 (this centers the crossfader)
J crossfader +0.03 (this slowly steps the crossfader to the right as I tap the key)
G crossfader -0.03 (this slowly steps the crossfader to the left as I tap the key)

I'm not giving up hope, I'm sure we'll get this working somehow, after all, it did before, but so far your suggestions have not worked at all...at least on my machines (3 of them).

Mensajes Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 6:09 pm

elite1,

cstoll cant' be wrong, he knows this STUFF :) (i hope)

Mensajes Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 8:45 pm
As I said earlier, yet another issue that doesn't get any clear support or response to. Pretty pathetic having a business with no phone contact, no REAL technical support and no way to get clear, concise answers to these problems. Have been a loyal and faithful user of VDJ now for quite a few years and even have friends I've convinced to buy it as well, but they are with me in turning away very soon if this continues. HELP us for goodness sakes, we've paid for this and we get nothing for support. NOT GOOD! I understand not helping those with copied or 'borrowed' versions and not licensed, but myself and many others are and we get notta.

Here is a big reason why I have not buy it. But they ARE trying (here) to convinced me that VDJ is IT.

I admit , its a good program but, LOTS OF BUGS and PROBLEM and then SUPPOORT needs work.

Mensajes Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 8:48 pm
Should-I-Buy wrote :

Here is a big reason why I have not buy it. But they ARE trying (here) to convinced me that VDJ is IT.

I admit , its a good program but, LOTS OF BUGS and PROBLEM and then SUPPOORT needs work.

That's enough now !!! We were very nice with you, allowing you to write your ideas freely. But there are limits to our kindness if a user doesn't respect us. It's my first and last warning.

Mensajes Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 7:13 am
no problems Cel ... I don't have the same patience ...

@elite1 -- those are the correct commands -- crossfader is the action and the values of 0% and 100%. Wouldn't post them if they didn't work.

@hippydog -- yes there are some items that don't clearly transfer ... but easily done manually ... if you are having problems with some just post and will help you out.

Mensajes Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 9:55 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Elite1, can you post exactly what you have set for the keys?

I've just mapped this as said:

D crossfader 0%
L crossfader 100%

...and it works exactly as expected. Which crossfader are you looking at? It will only move the video crossfader if you have it linked to the audio crossfader. Otherwise just the audio fader gets moved.

Mensajes Mon 13 Jul 09 @ 8:48 am
74%