Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Anyone have any success with Stanton DaScratch?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Has anyone been able to successfully get Stanton DaScratch working?
VDJ's mapper sees it OK as a MIDI device, but never as a DaScratch. Stanton has a set of Presets, etc available for VDJ, but I wasn't able to get it to do much of anything.
I guess I'll try mapping it manually as a MIDI device for now.

Mensajes Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 10:03 pm
For version 5 I had to map everything out manually. The provided presets from stanton were not great and they are very difficult to change. Yess it took a very, very, very long time to get it all right, since there is no manual to tell you how. I got everything to work right now though.

I can not get it to work with version 6. I was reading that the drivers were not right or something like that. I guess I am just going to be stuck with 5 until then.

If you have any specific questions I will answer them if I can

Mensajes Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 5:59 pm
Thanks for the input Ragz! I am using v6 and still have a couple ideas to try, but it sounds like I might just end up downgrading back to v5 for now, especially considering that v6 is still beta for Mac.
If I get it working, I will let you know. Either way, I'll try to keep this thread updated.

Mensajes Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 8:35 pm
Mappings created for VirtualDJ v5.2 and earlier will not work in VirtualDJ v6.

To map in VDJ v6, you will need to create a controller definition file: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinition.html

Simple MIDI (Which is what the controller will use if no definition file has been created) only allows very basic MIDI mapping - Simple buttons, knobs and sliders. Features such as jogwheels, endless encoders, LED's and text displays require a definition file to function.

To create the definition file, you would ideally need MIDI technical information from the manufacturer. However, if you have a controller to hand, you can use a MIDI tracing utility such as MIDIOX to find the note or CC numbers sent by each button, slider, etc.

Mapping LED's is harder without technical information from the manufacturer. However, most buttons and sliders that have LED's will normally use the same note/CC numbers.

NOTE: If the manufacturer created mappings for v5.2, perhaps they can/will do the same for VDJ v6.

Mensajes Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 1:10 pm
JPBoggis, Thanks for the input! Luckily, Stanton has published all the MIDI codes on their website, so I won't have to reverse engineer them. Now I just have to get some time to make a definition file and test it, then I will post the "mapper." I just hope the DaScratch is worth the effort. I had considered sending it back when I was disappointed that it didn't just work.

Mensajes Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 6:52 am
ukdjdazPRO InfinityMember since 2007
frd1963 wrote :
JPBoggis, Thanks for the input! Luckily, Stanton has published all the MIDI codes on their website, so I won't have to reverse engineer them. Now I just have to get some time to make a definition file and test it, then I will post the "mapper." I just hope the DaScratch is worth the effort. I had considered sending it back when I was disappointed that it didn't just work.

Did you manage to configure the mapper for your DaScratch? Looking for some help with mine!

Thanks

Darren

Mensajes Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 3:48 am
I have done it, but it will only work with PC. I'll post links on a new thread this weekend. The maps will use the darouter software and allow you to use 2 controllers if you choose. these things are actually pretty sick once you get used to them...

Mensajes Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 3:09 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)