Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Heaphones adjust properly...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello all,
First of all, I have a Stereo "Technics" with 4 speakers, a computer with a 5.1 sound card and 3 audio jacks (mic, line in, front speaker out). I use the "front speaker out" for my stereo and the sound is of course stereo.

SO now, I have a question regarding the virtual dj and the use of headphones. How should I plug in my headphones, so I can use them to "pre-mix" a track on deck 2, while the deck 1 is playing and I can hear it on the stereo. I mean, how can I adjust the headphones, so that only me can hear the song in the headphones, and another song is playing on the stereo ?

Thank you!

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 6:19 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
First, make sure that your soundcard is configured to work in 4.1 or 5.1, either in Windows Sound configuration, or in the card control panel. Since you say that you only have 3 connectors, it's possible that your soundcard can use the same jack for multiple purpose (Ex: Line Input when in "stereo mode" and Rear Ouput when in "5.1 mode". The control panel should normally indicat6e these possibilities.

Launch Virtual DJ, then go to the Sound Setup, and configure as follow:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone

-Soundcard: 4.1 card

A menu will then appear , allowing you to select your soundcard, and another one with the following default configuration:

- Output Channel: Master Chan 1-2 /Heaphone Chan 3-4

This indicate the outputs being used by VDJ for the specific signals. All you have to do now is connect your stereo system to the Front Output ( as you use to ) and your headphone to the Rear Output.

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 9:27 am
HI,

so I use a "jack" which convert the 2 (red and white) chinc cables into a normal 3.5mm jack, so I can plug it in into the sound card. I use a program called "Realtek HD Audio Manager", but I don't have HD Sound...
On the picture, you can see under Analog; Back Panel 3 jackes, blue (line in), green (front speaker out), pink (mic in), don't look at the front panel and digital.

So, what to do now, because I can't change the front panel pluged devices ?

Thank you!

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 1:24 pm

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 1:26 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
In the menu "Speaker configuration, can you select anything other than STEREO ?

If so, then the connectors on the right side panel might be accessible.

If not, then it means that your card can only do 1 streo output, and that you would need another soundcard to be able to have both main output and headphoe preview at the same time.

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 2:01 pm
HI,

yes I can selecet between: Stereo, 5.1 Speaker, Quadraphonic. I didn't know that you mean this...
so I have to select 5.1 Speaker, and then what?

Thanx

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 3:30 pm
Hello,

I solved the problem xD
I selected 5.1 or Quadrophonic and it's all ok. Thank you.

What do you think, how could I plug in my 4 speakers to work in Quadrophonic, like I said, I got a Stereo "Technics" with 4 speakers, and use the computer sound over "AUX", and there are only 2 "IN-s" Red and White into the stereo. SO it's like I have only 2 Speakers (left and right) and not 4. How could I solve this ?

THX

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 6:54 pm
If your stereo system has four speakers, it most likely has Dolby Surround for surround sound effects when watching movies.

VirtualDJ is a DJ application for live mixing stereo music or video files. It cannot output surround sound. If you have a 5.1 surround card in your system, the options in VirtualDJ for this are to allow you to separately output sound for your master speakers via the front outputs and headphones via the rear so that you can pre-listen to the other deck to cue up and mix in the next song. Both outputs will be stereo.

With most home cinema systems, you can normally choose (From the remote) to output stereo music as pure stereo through the front speakers only (Strongly recommended), or to utilise all speakers for a surround effect (This normally does not sound good due to the fact that the rear speakers are designed for cinema surround effects, NOT music.) Selecting Dolby Surround mode will normally do this. Some older or cheaper systems may not have this option.

Mensajes Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 12:25 pm
My Technics amplifier doen't have the dolby surround option :(

So, thank you in any case.

Mensajes Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 4:44 am
Hi,i connected my speakers - 1 bass and 2 trebles to my laptop and it works fine with virtual dj but i cant understand how can i listen deck one in the speakers and listen deck 2 thru my headphones.I connected the headphones to my laptop and i hear the same sound what comes in speakers ont deck 2.TY

Mensajes Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 12:12 pm
To be able to pre-listen to music using headphones, you will either need two sound cards or a sound card with multiple outputs, such as a 5.1 surround sound card or a dedicated DJ sound card. With a laptop, you could simply add a USB stick sound card that will provide you with the additional output that you need.

Alternatively, you can use a single sound card and the mono split option in VirtualDJ's sound setup, however this will only give you MONO sound.

Mensajes Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 1:54 pm
muselimHome userMember since 2009
Im using a laptop - It has one built in soundcard which I want to play the main audio through. I then have an Edirol USB soundcard which I would use for headphones to listen to the deck which is not playing. I select output -> headphones in the sound setup menu, then 2 menus appear. One has two options: Master: Right chan / headphones: left chan and Master: Left chan / headphones: Right chan. The other lets you select a soundcard. If I select the Edirol soundcard, the master comes out one side of the headphones whilst the preview comes out the other. How do I get it so the master comes out my laptop speakers and the preview comes out my headphones?

Mensajes Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 10:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)