Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: A/V out of Sync

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

macboyHome userMember since 2009
OK, before anyone jumps down my throat for not having registered my serial on here, I'm gonna tell you right now that I am not gonna buy something without trying it first and making sure it works. I have every intention of paying for this software if and when it ever works properly on my system... working so that I can actually use it at a real, money making gig. My friend who owns and uses this software (mixing audio only) is trying to help me out here (we installed his copy of the software) but we are coming up with no workable solution. I am not testing the 6.0 beta version of this software, I am using 5.2

I mix music videos, I have a 3000+ music video library with a mixture of mpeg-4 and H.264 video, with AAC and MP3 audio, all in .mov containers. These all play fine in Quicktime and Megaseg. However, in Virtual DJ many (approx 40%) of my videos play with the video lagging behind the audio... sometimes up to a second or 2. This is completely unacceptable for a professional DJ who plays at night clubs and pubs. I also notice that videos that are cropped are artificially stretched by VDJ to fill the entire screen.

I was told that my video card must not be good enough... so today I went out and bought a brand new $3000CAD MacBook Pro. It's got a 2.8GHz core 2 duo processor, 4GB ram, and a NVidia 9600M GT video card with 512MB on board ram.... sure VDJ runs smooth, but the video STILL LAGS BEHIND THE AUDIO! What gives here? Am I doing something wrong? Or is VDJ just a POS? HELP!!

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 8:23 pm
Well, I re-encoded a couple of the trouble videos, and they play back fine now... I have no idea what the problem is/was. There doesn't seem to be any real reason why some work and some don't. I am hoping there is another solution rather then re-encoding the video since it will take forever on such a large number of videos. Any ideas from the developer or power user on what the underlying issue might be?

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 12:27 pm
The problem is this...

I trimmed all of my mpeg4 videos with Quicktime to eliminate the garbage at the beginning of a music video that I never play at dances. Since playback of video requires a keyframe, quicktime doesn't do a cut to the video here unless it happens to be a keyframe already. It actually includes the frames previous to the cut, up to the last keyframe. However, the audio is cut cleanly. The problem arises when VDJ tries to sync the audio and video frames up. Frame 1 is now the the keyframe for the video that I had trimmed out before importing into VDJ. The audio is synced to where the hidden video frames end and the desired video frames start. The result? A video that is no longer in sync. VDJ plays the audio meant for a later frame in sync with the hidden keyframe, not the trimmed keyframe. Quicktime and other apps like iTunes can read the quicktime file properly and compensate for the hidden frames, VDJ does not.

Progress is being made. VDJ 6 syncs trimmed Mpeg4 videos now, however it plays back the hidden frames instead of hiding them. Audio kicks in where it should... at the trim location. Unfortunately, it appears that all cue points have been shifted as a result. Also, it is refreshing to see that video aspect ratios are finally being respected in the new version! Having said that, the rest of the application is complete garbage. Video often stutters and spits, frame rates often crawl when 2 videos are playing, crashes and freezes are frequent. Also, my friend's VCI-100 no longer is mapped correctly (can't figure out why jog wheel bumping is disabled now)

PS. This is an issue that Atomix obviously is aware of. Thanks so much for you guys helping me out and telling me what the problem was and when I might see it fixed in a future version of your product. Its nice to know that you rely on your users to inform each other instead of doing it yourself. I hope this thread helps someone else who has also been trying to figure out why their videos don't sync up in VDJ.

Mensajes Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 12:37 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)