Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: mapping issue of rotary encoder to pitch

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bobbiePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm trying to map a rotary encoder to pitch. In the device file the encoder is defined with the encoder tag.

In the mapping file I define the action with:

<map value="ROTARY4_A1" action="param_multiply 10% &amp; pitch" />

The problem is that the multiply factor is not applied: if the pitch range is from +12% to -12% when moving the rotary, the increment/decrement is always in steps of 1.2 instead of 0.12 if param_multiply was applied. Any hint ?

Mensajes Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 5:56 am
There are many other small, but annoying bugs with the VDJscripting, but I'm sure they will get ironed out. Sometimes, there are workarounds using a different syntax.

For instance, certain verbs don't get evaluated to nouns and therefore cause conditionals to fail.

Also, like you have discovered, certain midi controls act differently when using the same VDJscript.

For instance:-

effect "Echo" active

when applied to a button, will cause the echo effect to become active, and turned on. However, if you want to make a rotary turn on the same effect, you need to do:-

effect "Echo" active on

Note the addition 'on' keyword.
Sure there are many others still to be found.

Mensajes Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 5:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djmoonie wrote :
For instance, certain verbs don't get evaluated to nouns and therefore cause conditionals to fail.

Could you list them. I would like to verify it and see if it has to be fixed or not.

djmoonie wrote :
However, if you want to make a rotary turn on the same effect.

I'm not sure to see what you want to do...

Mensajes Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 6:50 pm
djmoonie wrote :
Could you list them. I would like to verify it and see if it has to be fixed or not.

However, if you want to make a rotary turn on the same effect.
I'm not sure to see what you want to do...

The reason I mapped it to a rotary was because I wanted the rotary to select the effect, turn it on, and control the wet/dry all in one go. I got it to work, but as I said in the my post above, it needed an additional key word 'on' to turn the effect on, where when mapped to a button, it doesn't.

I will have to see if I can remember some of the nouns that didn't seem to evaluate. I definitely came across some while doing a mapping for the VCI-100, but I also know that I managed to get the actions I wanted in the end, by using other syntax.

Mensajes Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 6:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)