Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Remove XY input from mouse via hotkey?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This might be an outlandish idea, but if VDJ had it, I wouldn't have just screwed up a mix.

I'm using the right button of my mouse to bring a sample in and out. As I'm doing this, I'm also tweaking the eq, nudging a deck, etc. Well...the mouse drifted off the "play" button of the sample and my right click obviously did nothing.

Would it be possible to have a function in VDJ to "freeze" the mouse, removing the XY inputs so that I could move the mouse around (pick it up, even) and not worry that it has tracked to a different button of the skin? Difficult to explain, I think. Something like this.

1. Put cursor over interactive button on the skin.
2. Hit magic new VDJ shortcut that "freezes" the mouse position on screen.
3. Become free to move mouse around, put it in your pocket, or hand it to another person to let them trigger the sample/effect/button.

Mensajes Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 8:18 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you live in Japon with earthquakes? Seriously, do you use a touchpad or a real mouse?

Mensajes Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 8:46 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
not such a bad idea really...

Mensajes Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 12:16 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Maybe i didn't understand anything :-(
Sorry

Mensajes Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 12:57 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
use the touchpad -if you play with a laptop- and press the right button for the samples...
Or If you a normal mouse ...why dont you take a hammer and nails to fix it on the table...
Just kidding...

Use a midi controller to trigger your samples, thats the best solution.

Mensajes Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 2:22 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use a real mouse.

Yes, midi is certainly the best solution, but VDJ is full of many features that have better hardware solutions.

I really just suggested it because it seems like such a simple addition to the code. How else could you get a wireless controller for $50? I think it would be very cool to be able to walk into the crowd, still controlling an effect, or even cueing a drop at the appropriate time.

Mensajes Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 6:37 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)