Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: Ver 6 help with a skin [Solved]

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I'm trying to create pannels for the rythm section
Pannel 51 is for normal rhythm , pannel 53 is for split rhythm (left deck1 - right deck 2)

So. <rhythm pannel="51"> ...etc....ok the rhythm is ok..

When i try to create the split rhythm pannel i write <rhythm pannel="53">..etc..etc.. i get a line error i tried deck 1, deck="1", nothing

Any ideas?

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 8:44 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try to open the XML of new vdj6 default skin and make a copy and paste ;)

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 3:19 am
The default ver6 skin VirtualDJPro does not contain pannels for rhythm (split for example) , just the standard rhythm.

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 11:13 am
i understand that you need, but im not a big fan of split waveforms.
my best advise is to look through some of the skins in the download page, and rip what you need out of them..

Edit: Check v-mix 5.4, in the top left corner, there is the clock, to the right of that is a box you click to change the waveforms.

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 12:00 pm
V-mix 5.4 is a skin not valid for VDJ script ver 6. I have seen those lines in the xml and i tried but no result, i get an error. It seems like VDJ ver6 allows the line rhythm just once in an xml file. Strange. Can someone verify this?

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 4:13 pm
strange you say this, as i loaded v-mix into vdj6.0.1 and it behaved ok in respect of the rhythm bar. i'll recheck my findings, and report back

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 6:30 pm
you use the syntax...

< rhythm pannel="51">

< /rhythm>

and

< rhythm pannel="52">
< /rhythm>

its same in v5 and v6 it seams unless im mistaken.

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 6:47 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
strange you say this, as i loaded v-mix into vdj6.0.1 and it behaved ok in respect of the rhythm bar. i'll recheck my findings, and report back

if you write a skin with first line ....version=5 or 4 and you load it on VirtualDJ ver 6, it plays normally. But if you write a skin on ver 6 you should only use commands ver6 in order to play normally without errors.

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 8:18 pm
ah, ok. thankyou, i'll keep this in mind.

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 8:39 pm
Thats correct. The skin engine was completely rewritten for V6.

The first line of your skin XML tells VDJ which skin engine to use.

<Skin name="VirtualDJ 6 Advanced Default Wide" version="6" width="1440" height="900">
This uses the newest engine

<Skin name="VirtualDJ 6 Advanced Default Wide" version="5" width="1440" height="900">
This uses the older engine from V5 and before.

So whilst you can create a skin using the V5 engine and it will work in V6 (like the V-mix) you can't copy the code from a V5 skin and paste it into a V6 designed skin.

Whilst i have not finished a skin using the V6 framework due to work commitments i am 90% sure split waves are possible. I will figure the code out and post here.

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 3:15 am
Well i found my mistake.... The error on line 225 <rhythm pannel="53"> was actually an error in the entire rhythm block. I was thinking that if i wanted just the deck 1 to be on sight ,commands like chan2_active1, or chan2_active2, or overlay etc were not necessery. Well i was wrong. I should write them too and make the chan2 be black.
So... we are allways learning something !!!!

Consider the topic [SOLVED], or better [SELF SOLVED] !!!!! hehehe

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 10:20 am
lego07LE userMember since 2010
i cant get my VDJ6 to start. it keeps saying invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml). what do i do to get it working???

Mensajes Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 9:40 am
How do you find this thread!? Lol

Simply try uninstalling and re-installing VDJ. If you're using
Vista/Win 7, make sure you install as an administrator.

Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Mensajes Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 9:55 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)