Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Mixing high definition videos on laptop

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

nsxmarvPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Ok guys, don't get upset about another person asking about mixing video in vdj. I want to buy a new laptop powerful enough to mix HD videos on the house screens at a club that I dj at. My current laptop stalls when I try to do this. I can mix lower quality videos though. I figure I could buy one with two video cards, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to spend my kids education money on it. Anyone have any recommendations on a laptop that can do it? Thanks!

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 6:28 pm
when you say HD videos what do you mean?

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 6:51 pm
For my purposes that would be a mp4, 720x480 and higher at 48Hz.

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 8:25 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Any of "todays" laptops will work fine. Just depends if VirtualDJ will like the configuration and video card. If you have a system from 3 years ago and single core, mp4 if it event works will be choppy and freeze like ice cream. Just get a dual core(low end) or core2duo(high end) and you should be good. Of course there are some quad core systems but they weight like 12lbs. Try to get as close to 4gigs or ram if you can. 2gb is minimal. VDJ's approved video cards are ATI or Nvidia. I have had better luck and audio performace with onboard Intel integrated video. Also try to get a system with a good return policy, if you find out that VDJ wont work on the system you have and you have to return it.

thanks,
DJ Kavika

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 10:52 pm
i have an HP V6 entertainment laptop 2.3 dual core T8100 with 4 gigs ram, external WD 1TB HD for video and internal 300GB for audio. Nvidia 8400 sm Video card and i run CUE/VDJ with videos 3-4 nights a week 4 or more hours a time with NO video problems. i run scroll text, logo overlay all night as well as numorious video effects. i tell people this. take as much money as you can to the store and get the best your money will buy.

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 7:53 am
Thanks, I guess I should have put my specs down. I have a compaq cq50-211 with 4gigs, AMD Athlon x2 running at 1.9, 1.5TB external HD, 160GB internal, NVIDIA GeForce 8200M, running vista home premium. Could I be having a setup problem? I've tried pretty much everything, I think the problem might be in my video card. It's last years model.

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 9:39 am
I would say yes hardwear issue's.. That 1.9 is killing you!! I had 2.0 core2 and still had problems now I got Core2 2.8 with 3gigs of ram Toshiba that I went back to XP...works like a champ!!!

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 3:00 pm
So you really can see the difference with those extra clicks in the cpu? I was looking for a quad but they only come in 17in. i think that might be to big to fit on my uberstand. Anyone using a laptop that big on a stand like that? Also how fast do you think it would have to be if I'm using vista?

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 3:43 pm
i run vista 32 bit with CUE/VDJ with no problems

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 4:28 pm
I think the hp might be the way to go because they have some pretty good deals at the Best Buy here in LA. Thanks!

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 5:00 pm
I'm ordering a HP HDX-16t, 3.06 dual core intel, 8 gigs of ram, vista 64 bit, 500gb hd, 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 130M, Blu-Ray +/-R/RW with SuperMulti. It's $2.212 at costco online, I think that's a decent price. Hopefully I won't need a new computer for awhile. You all agree? I didn't want a screen that was too big, that's why I'm getting the 16 inch.

Mensajes Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 4:11 pm
nsxmarv wrote :
For my purposes that would be a mp4, 720x480 and higher at 48Hz.

720x480 is not a high definition video resolution. That's just the standard definition video resolution, the same one that DVD's use.

HD video resolutions are 1280×720 pixels (720p) or 1920×1080 pixels (1080i/1080p), the latter is also known as "Full HD".

Mensajes Wed 29 Jul 09 @ 7:32 am
I understand that HD is higher, but my computer is having problems at 720 when at 48k. It runs fine at 44.1. That's why I said "for my purposes". I appreciate the comment though.

Mensajes Wed 29 Jul 09 @ 9:57 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)