Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: boot camp xp or vista?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jvg123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hey all i am having problems with how many bugs there are with the mac version of virtual dj, plus all the effects and skins i want are only for the pc side of virtual dj plus version 6 is out for pc. So I am thinking of running boot camp and loading vista or xp on my mac book pro. Firstly would running vista or xp on boot camp enable me to get all the pc effects and skins? Secondly which one should i get vista or xp? and why?

Thanks =)

Mensajes Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 8:19 pm
yo where is the love i need so advise/help

Mensajes Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 4:14 pm
yo where is the love i need so advise/help

I have a MacBook with win xp pro in boot camp.
I haven't obtained virtual dj yet but will give it a go when i do.
But win xp pro runs fine in boot camp so far.

Mensajes Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 4:25 pm
thanks man yea when do you think your getting to soft ware? are you doing virtual vinyl too? mixing any video? using the multi instances skin by any chance? whats your set up going to be like i guess is what i am asking lol didn't mean to ask so many questions i am just interested in those things because thats the stuff i want in my set up

hit me up

Mensajes Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 3:29 am
safaconPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hey all i am having problems with how many bugs there are with the mac version of virtual dj, plus all the effects and skins i want are only for the pc side of virtual dj plus version 6 is out for pc. So I am thinking of running boot camp and loading vista or xp on my mac book pro. Firstly would running vista or xp on boot camp enable me to get all the pc effects and skins? Secondly which one should i get vista or xp? and why?

Thanks =)

I been having several issue's as well and have been considering doing the same. Let us know how it works out!

Mensajes Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 5:46 am
Well right now I just use hardware at all my DJ gigs, mostly pioneer and denon gear.
I've been wanting to add karaoke and video options and I'm thinking virtualdj is the way to go.
I just started looking into it which is why i'm here at the forums to see what's going on.
Initially I won't be doing any thing advanced, probably just plugging my laptop into a channel on my mixer to start.
But I do want something stable and something that I can continue to use for some time so I'm still considering all the options.

thanks man yea when do you think your getting to soft ware? are you doing virtual vinyl too? mixing any video? using the multi instances skin by any chance? whats your set up going to be like i guess is what i am asking lol didn't mean to ask so many questions i am just interested in those things because thats the stuff i want in my set up

hit me up

Mensajes Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 7:29 am
"stable" is not a word i would use to described virtual dj at least on the mac side i don't know about the pc side but i hear its alot better plus they got virtual dj 6. So i hope this switch to the pc side will fix all my problems.

on another note nobody has yet to answer " would running vista or xp on boot camp enable me to get all the pc effects and skins?"

safacon i will let you know how it goes

let me know what up

Mensajes Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 10:56 am
"stable" is not a word i would use to described virtual dj at least on the mac side

I primarily play from playlists burned to CDs so initially all I'd be using it for is requests, and worst case I can always run iTunes for that.
But going forward I would like to have karaoke and video capability.
I'm not fully up on all the options but it's nice to see virtualdj at least starting to support MAC.
And since they give us the pc version too I can try that in bootcamp.

Mensajes Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 1:42 pm
Hello jvg123,

Yes, using VirtualDJ on you Mac with Windows XP in bootcamp would give you satisfaction.
- add a PC mouse for XP to get the right button on the mouse which is necessary to call the options in VirtualDJ file browser,
- forget Vista, its follower Windows 7 may be very good, but Vista is not an operating system I would recommand to anybody.

Mensajes Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 6:16 am

- add a PC mouse for XP to get the right button on the mouse which is necessary to call the options in VirtualDJ file browser,
- forget Vista, its follower Windows 7 may be very good, but Vista is not an operating system I would recommand to anybody.

Thanks for the info. I have a USB Logitech two button mouse w/scroll wheel.

Mensajes Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 6:31 am
yo thanks for the help i will do that

Mensajes Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 11:50 am
o and djkenstone let me know how you set up goes in boot camp i am going to try it out myself and i will post if i have any problems or successes and thanks every body for the help =)

Mensajes Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 11:52 am
If you have a newer mac book you can program the mouse on the laptop to recognize a right click. Go into the mouse setting and set up a hot zone. I use this on mine through and it works great. Also, use XP Vista with bootcamp is complete garbage. Don't try to run vdj through parallels either. The way the operating systems share the home directories slows down the ability to pull files through dramatically.

Mensajes Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 8:25 pm
safaconPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you have a newer mac book you can program the mouse on the laptop to recognize a right click. Go into the mouse setting and set up a hot zone. I use this on mine through and it works great. Also, use XP Vista with bootcamp is complete garbage. Don't try to run vdj through parallels either. The way the operating systems share the home directories slows down the ability to pull files through dramatically.

Hi, could you further explain what you mean by running VDJ through "parallels." Thanks!

Mensajes Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 3:20 am

Mensajes Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 2:39 pm
I think I can help here. I will start by saying that I have this product and I have used it on an older Mac Book Pro and a new Mac Book (bought it in Feb) as well as various different PCs. From a performance stand point this product operates much better on a Mac - we use this to mix videos and to play music- there is no lag when using the Mac OS vs the PC - I imagine that may have something to do with the sound drivers and so forth (I use a Denon HC-4500 to mix). I have encountered no more problems on the Mac OS than I did on the PCs. All of the laptops are between 1.8 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo with an avg of 2 GB Ram, but no less than that. They all have Nvidia video cards (the most basic is a 7400). So I can not say that I share you feeling to move to running it on Windows.

If you are going to however, both XP and Vista will be solid ( I disagree with anyone that says that Vista is not a viable option, I have run Virtual on Vista since it first came out with few problems and with the latest service pack the performance and reliability are solid). What should be the deciding factor is the video card and the DirectX version. This is only matters if you are going to use the video function but as I have experienced video cards react differently depending on the OS. Newer video cards (I my laptops) work better with Vista, older work better with XP. For example I have a dual boot PC with both Vista and XP, the machine was shipped with Vista. On the XP side the video did not work, but was fine on the Vista side. Other than that I do not believe that one is better than the other.

Mensajes Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 3:55 pm
yeah i've heard first hand right now. for any type digi to midi or traditional timecode use cd / vinyl. that windows xp is the best os to have to use software period. in a stable use, w/ a few quick fix issues. not like the mac versions coming out only for this product. serato scratch live, numark cue, mixmeister, traktor have worked fine from what i hear n experience on mac.

Mensajes Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 5:39 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)