Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: "Ghost files" in iTunes database

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

If I change the original filename of a track (e.g. "Marley, Bob - One Love" to Marley, Bob - One Love/People Get Ready") and then within VDJ I go to the iTunes playlist where the original "One Love" was, the file still shows even though it is no longer in the original iTunes playlist (and it won't play in VDJ), and the new file "One Love/People Get Ready" does not appear. BTW, I know that the new version ("One Love/People Get Ready") is seen as a new track in VDJ when add it to the VDJ database, so why won't the iTunes playlist within VDJ show the new track???

Mensajes Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 12:02 pm
I think that this issue would fall into the same category as the BPM and camelot settings. This is just a guess but if VDJ is not able to edit the itunes DB with BPM it stands to reason that it would not hold the song edits. I have also noticed that edits in itunes don't show up until you shut down vdj and reopen it. This is also true for vdj recordings at least in my experience. If I record I can't immediately pull up the recording which is frustrating when creating blends.

Mensajes Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 11:28 pm
Hey Dizzy! Yeah this problem had been annoying me recently as well until I found you can remove the 'ghost files' by right clicking on the song you'd like to get rid of and click 'Remove from search DB'. This might be a bit annoying if you have a lot of ghost files, not to mention time consuming.

You can delete your 'Virtual DJ Database.xml' file which is usually stored in your documents folder. This will clear any information you have about any of your tracks including cue positions and gain settings but if its not a problem then it would be easiest and quickest way to go about sorting the problem.

I hope either of these helps!

Andrew.

Mensajes Thu 06 Aug 09 @ 11:07 pm
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about "removing from search db" function. That would be my only option because I spent the better part of a half a year setting correct bpms, beatgrids and cue points for all 20,000 of my tracks, so doing that over would isn't an option. Thanks for the tip.

Mensajes Thu 06 Aug 09 @ 11:56 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)