Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Anybody using 6.01 at gigs? - Page: 3

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
ldb1968 wrote :
Sounds like you guys are all but saying VDJ 6 has no bugs and no problems and that if we're experiencing any problems it's more than likely our computer! Is this the case? If so I'll just shut my trap and work with the version that causes me no problems. It's funny though because I haven't changed computers....just installed the update. 5.2.1 ran great for me, 6.01 has everything I've ever wanted and more but on the video side of mixing for some reason it's not running as smooth as it does with the version 5.

No thats not what I'm saying - all software has bugs and problems. However the vast majority of problems users do experience are down to either user error or something to do with their system.

It would be nice to see some actual information on this video not being smooth issue, because I just don't see it personally. Maybe my system is too overspecced to see it. I could probably try it on a couple of lower systems when I get a chance.

Mensajes Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 1:33 pm
I've posted a couple crash reports.

I've been using VDJ for over a year so it's not user error. I have a MacBook running Windows XP tweaked to the max with a lot of the background services turned off. I only have on what I need to operate VDJ. Mac's have pretty damn good graphics cards with unshared memory so I doubt it's that. All my video files are MP4's, they worked great on 5.2.1 Maybe they don't on 6.01 which would totally suck because it would take me weeks to convert all my vids. I have over 250 Gigs worth and that number increases by the day almost.

As for as the computer being the problem I could accept that the Os maybe being it but not the computer. It's just over a year old. I actually bought it just to run VDJ ($1600 with extended warranty and fully expanded memory). I wish like hell I didn't have to use Windows but the Mac version is CRAZY unstable and lacks half th goodies that the PC version has. Sonique is a MUST when I switch to spinning MP3's, can't be a VJ with blank screens, especially projectors. That'll make a club owner go nutz on you. Plus I get paid to utilize the screens everywhere I DJ.

Mensajes Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 9:26 pm
Just to make a point - I use 6.0.1 with Sonique, MP4's and so on without issue - there must be something particular to your setup. Crashguards are not the same as "not smooth" IMHO - hopefully the team can get to the bottom of your issues though.

Mensajes Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 6:03 am
SBDJ wrote :
Just to make a point - I use 6.0.1 with Sonique, MP4's and so on without issue - there must be something particular to your setup. Crashguards are not the same as "not smooth" IMHO - hopefully the team can get to the bottom of your issues though.

And what's your set up exactly? Any tweaks I should know about?

P.S. The video issues I've experienced don't produce a Crash report. My issue has basically been when I'm trying to mix in the next video, the video that's playing starts moving in slow glitchy motion. Acts as though it wants to freeze up. It doesn't stop moving in slow motion until I stop one of the vids. Kind of annoying when your in the club trying to mix. Makes me feel as though VDJ is about to lock up on me.

Mensajes Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 2:55 pm
ldb1968 wrote :
And what's your set up exactly? Any tweaks I should know about?

P.S. The video issues I've experienced don't produce a Crash report. My issue has basically been when I'm trying to mix in the next video, the video that's playing starts moving in slow glitchy motion. Acts as though it wants to freeze up. It doesn't stop moving in slow motion until I stop one of the vids. Kind of annoying when your in the club trying to mix. Makes me feel as though VDJ is about to lock up on me.

Laptop:

Dell XPS M1730
2.8GHz Core2Extreme
2 x nVidia 8800GTX 512Mb
2 x 300Gb 7200RPM HD
4Gb RAM
Windows XP

Usual Hardware:

Ecler EVO 5
Denon HC4500

What spec is your system? What video card are you using? Any plugins active? Must be a reason the videos are running slow, let's see if we can find it :)

Mensajes Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 4:21 pm
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.1 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB

Graphics card: Intel GMA 950

windows XP by way of Bootcamp (dual boot)

I pull all videos from and external hard drive. 250GB 5400rpm G Drive mini (firewire)

Vestax VCI-100

(2) 9000 series Vestax turntables with VDJ Vinyl and sometimes a pair of CDJ 800's with Pro time coded Cd's

M-Audio conectiv sound card

I use various video transitions and the text plugins for display drink specials peoples birthdays etc etc

Mensajes Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 6:16 pm
i had the same issue with vdj6, my search engine was not pulling all my songs. Also, for some reason sometimes i can not control the pitch on one deck. i rolled back to vdj 5.2 which i never had an issue

Mensajes Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 11:25 pm
I've been debating whether I should get serato or VDJ. VDJ sound pretty disappointing..

I don't want a program to crash on me in the middle of a gig...?

Mensajes Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 8:20 am
Makashino wrote :
I've been debating whether I should get serato or VDJ. VDJ sound pretty disappointing..

Any DJ software can and WILL crash on you sooner or later during a gig. Whether it be the software or your laptop it's going to happen. You just want to try and limit it to something out of the norm happening that's out of your hands and always have a back up i.e iPod or something you can crank up until you get your software or computer back up. If the software is unstable and you're always on pins and needles while using it you have to find something better. Serato is a lot more stable because there's only so much you can do with it unless you get the video plugin or use the 57 mixer for video.

After using Virtual DJ you will NOT want to use any of the other DJ software out there. Non do what VDJ can. It's a lot more fun if you ask me. Though I'm having an issue or two with 6.01 there's no way I'm dumping VDJ. I'll just have to use 5.2.1 until 6 works for me. Even and earlier version of VDJ is better than Serato!

Mensajes Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 10:45 am
Makashino wrote :

I find VDJ perfectly stable...

Mensajes Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 12:01 pm
I have been for 2 weeks now. And its been fine for me. THe video sync is a little off but really bad. I am having problems with drifting. And who knows how to get the Torq Vynil to work?

Mensajes Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 2:49 pm
i totally agree with lbd1968, i carry two laptops and two controllers because you never know it could be software, laptop or anything. if you have backup .....you are good, meanwhile well wait until they iron vjd6.

Mensajes Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 11:30 pm
i try it out a faw times it needs some fixing in the midi section and playing big files.

Mensajes Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 1:31 am
djsmuve1 wrote :
I have been for 2 weeks now. And its been fine for me. THe video sync is a little off but really bad. I am having problems with drifting. And who knows how to get the Torq Vynil to work?

Torq Wax will not work with VDJ

Mensajes Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 11:03 am
DJ PHIL IT wrote :
i try it out a faw times it needs some fixing in the midi section and playing big files.

Don't understand. MIDI works fantastically well, although it does require a little knowledge to operate. There may be issues with individual controllers - some of this is down to the controllers themselves, some of it down to the mapping.

Big files play fine for me too - again more details needed ;)

Mensajes Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 11:06 pm
I have my first real issue this past weekend. It was a pretty big party and there young children all over the room.
One kid was trying to destroy my projector while my assistant dj was playing on CD's (I was using VD for slide show only).
I had to unplug and remove the projector in a hard beat, without turning VD off.
After that my MP3 were not playing... Rebooted twice with not success. Then I turn off " Use hardware Accelaration" Under videos and everything went back to normal.
I love virtual DJ, I think is the best purchase in my live, but you have to have a back up plan.

Mensajes Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 11:04 am
mauvelez wrote :
I love virtual DJ, I think is the best purchase in my live, but you have to have a back up plan

Would you not have a backup plan even if you were just using CD's? I know I would :)

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 10:37 am
DJJAMM wrote :
dear vdj 6.01 users if your having a problem with mixing and play button not responding properly , then look under each virtual deck on your laptop screen theres a lock under neath make sure the lock is un locked .... not the pitch lock or key lock its directly under the virtual record... you will then have control abck

JAMM

Thanks for that piece of info. My right play button was acting funny. It is corrected now!

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 10:45 pm
What the hell? I had a serious problem with VD last night at my first gig and this is how it went...

1) Have been using VJ at home for the last year, no problems, flawless!
2) Set up at my first gig, sound check, a couple of practice mixes...no problems, good to go.
3) Into my third song I tried to sync the two tracks together and all hell broke loose. Every track I played after that was playing way too slow (half of it's original speed). I could get the track playing back to it original speed when I loaded the other deck, but that only worked sometimes. I had to fall back on my cd's...that pissed me off!
4) Took it home, set it up, no problems...WTF!!!

I realize that software is not going to work all the time, but this is just stupid.

If anyone has has the same problem and they know how to fix it, please tell me what went wrong and how I can fix it...

I love VD, but if it is not stable whats the point of using it for live gigs?

Mensajes Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 10:23 pm
I've had that happen too, but they don't seem to listen to what I say any more anyway. In fact, I still had problems with my database last night. I opened up VDJ and lost two (2) Virtual folders and over 100 songs bpm info on top of that. They seem to add all these new features that rely on a solid databAse, but the database solidarity is paid no attention to. (Yes I cut and pasted the "saved" database but didn't do any good.).

Ex. : They invent filter folders that you can use for such things as "new songs" or "most recent songs added". That is great, but that presumes that the database will remember the newest songs added (or NOT). When you lose info on songs and have to re-add them back in, they become "new" songs, although they were added in months ago. My new somgs folder contains 100 new songs, of which 10 are new and the other 90 are about 3 or 4 years old, what good is that.

The foundation needs to be fixed, working, solid, reliable, before one can add features that rely on it.

Sorry, just offering my opinion before I move to a new program? :(

Mensajes Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 1:57 am
74%