Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: problems with ver. 6 and Dac 2 cueing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I had posted this a few days ago, but the post seems to have disappeared. Since updating to Version 6, the cue button on my Dac 2 no longer is able to be used to set cue points. I have to use the mouse and click the cue button on the software interface and do the same to remove a cue point if I want to reset it. In ver. 5.1 and earlier, I could use the jog to cue up to a point and hit the cue button on the Dac to set the cue point. If it was off a little, I just found the right spot and hit the cue button again to reset the cue. Can't do that in Ver. 6 so far but don't want to have to roll back to 5.1. Also, even with a mapper that someone else made, the outer jog wheel does niot work and no one else seems to be able to map it. Finally, since updating to version 6 I noticed this past saturday on a gig, that the instant start when pressing the play button on the Dac 2 has a slight delay. It was a few milliseconds, but enough that I had to hit the button before the beat I wanted to come in on.
I use the Dac 2 extensively as I beat mix constantly, maybe 20 to 40 seconds from song to song. It is slowing me down to have to use the mouse to set cue points and the lack of the outer jog wheel and delay in the instant start are compromising the flow of my perfromances. Can anyone help?

Mensajes Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 12:33 pm
jimmiemPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You really have to get under the hood of the mapper. Here's my custom map, which retains most of the functions that were on the original Dac2 default map with some upgrades:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <mapper device="DAC2" author="Atomix Productions" description="PCDJ DAC2" version="601" date="20/08/2009">
<map value="PLAYPAUSE" action="play_pause" />
<map value="CUE" action="cue_play" />
<map value="PLUS" action="pitch_bend +5% 500ms" />
<map value="MINUS" action="pitch_bend -5% 500ms" />
<map value="MATCH" action="sync" />
<map value="PREVIEW" action="pitch_reset" />
<map value="GROUP" action="loop" />
<map value="FORWARD" action="var_equal "shift" 1 ? seek +2 : loop_double" />
<map value="BACKWARD" action="var_equal "shift" 1 ? seek -2 : loop_half" />
<map value="LOAD" action="playlist_load_and_remove" />
<map value="DIGIT_TIME_MIN" action="get time_min" />
<map value="DIGIT_BPM" action="get bpm" />
<map value="DIGIT_TIME_MS" action="get time_ms" />
<map value="DIGIT_TIME_SEC" action="get time_sec" />
<map value="DIGIT_TRACK" action="get loop" />
<map value="WAITLIST" action="display_time remain" />
<map value="PITCH" action="var_equal "shift" 1 ? pitch_slider : video_crossfader" />
<map value="WHEEL" action="jog_wheel" />
<map value="OUTERWHEEL" action="wheel_mode 'seek' & jog_wheel" />
<map value="LCD_REMAIN" action="display_time "remain"" />
<map value="LCD_ELAPSED" action="display_time "elapsed"" />
<map value="LCD_TIMEDOTS" action="on" />
<map value="LCD_BPMDOT" action="off" />
<map value="SHIFT" action="set "shift" 1 while_pressed" />
<map value="LCD_PROGRESSLINE" action="on" />
<map value="BAR" action="song_pos" />
<map value="FX" action="toggle "shift"" />
</mapper>

It should be noted that I don't use the pitch sliders very often so this map has them set to video crossfaders. If you hold the shift button or press the FX button they will revert to pitch sliders.

Also, the forward and backward buttons are set to adjust the loop duration but if you hit the FX button they become fast seek buttons to make up for the lack of an outer jog wheel.

If you don't know how to set up the mapper let me know and I'll try to help,

Mensajes Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 4:02 pm
Hey, thanks for the reply. I don't know how to set up the mapper and could use a little guidance. I know where to find the mapper page in the config window and I click on the auto sence button (or whatever it's called) and move or press buttons on the Dac 2 and it shows the name of the button in the menu box. Do I simply type in the commands in the description bar from your list?

Mensajes Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 12:21 am
HI this works in 6.0.4

map OUTERWHEEL to this action

param_smaller 0.01 ? seek -64 : param_smaller 0.08 ? seek -32 : param_smaller 0.15 ? seek -16 : param_smaller 0.22 ? seek -8 : param_smaller 0.29 ? seek -4 : param_smaller 0.36 ? seek -2 : param_smaller 0.43 ? seek -1 : param_smaller 0.52 ? seek 0 : param_smaller 0.58 ? seek +1 : param_smaller 0.65 ? seek +2 : param_smaller 0.72 ? seek +4 : param_smaller 0.80 ? seek +8 : param_smaller 0.87 ? seek +16 : param_smaller 0.94 ? seek +32 : param_smaller 1.1 ? seek +64 : nothing

Mensajes Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 5:55 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)