Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Help!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello, I was wondering if some one can give me some help. i used to dj back in the vinyl days, got married sold mY equipment. now i want to get back in to djing but don't have the $$ to get all the top of the line stuff. so i was thinking to do it as a hobby. buying VDJ, laptop and a mixer. just wan to know which mixer i should get. the HERCULES MK2 OR BERHINGER BCD 3000.
I have not played with any of them but i hear good things about the Berhinger bcd 300.
also, i was told to get a laptop with more that 3gb of ram and make sure it had a dual core processor so i can run VDJ...is this true or do i need something better?
thanx in advance,
Dj Gee Cue

Mensajes Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 2:44 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hey Dj Gee Cue,

imo you should buy a Hercules RMX with Virtual DJ LE.
I'm sure, you as a DJ have more fun with the RMX then the two others ;-)

A Laptop with 15,4" Display, more then 2USB Ports, Firewire and/or ESATA Port, min. 2GHZ Intel Dual Core, 4GB Ram.
Then you are ready.

Enjoy
Haui

PS: I fogot, a lot off money and accounts at the MP3 Download Portals, lol

Mensajes Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 3:22 pm
+1

Mensajes Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 3:48 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you want to be looking for a unit with a minimum of four ports i would advise, my ports used for the following... 1) for rmx, 2) ext hd, 3) mouse, 4) usb light. need anymore go for a powered hub.

and if your like me not over the hill but starting to fall off it you'll need a 17" screen, just so you can increase the font (quite) a few notches... lol

but everything else is good to go.

Mensajes Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 7:11 pm
Thanx Haui70...the hercules RMX is almost double the price from the MK2 & the berhinger bcd 3000, have you heard/worked with any of these mixers?

Mensajes Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 6:22 pm
+1

thanx dj rude dog

Mensajes Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 6:23 pm
i hear you tayla...lol

Mensajes Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 6:34 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Dj Gee Cue wrote :
the hercules RMX... have you heard/worked with any of these mixers?

I have. Rock solid piece of kit, the RMX. Not one issue with mine. Been using it on a regular basis for over a year. I disliked my BCD2K so much I paid money out of my pocket (shipping from Chicago to Wisconsin) to give it away.

Mensajes Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 6:58 pm
i've heard real good things about the BERHINGER BCD 3000 from a friend of mine...plus is pretty reasonably priced.

Mensajes Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 1:16 pm
I just bought a BCD 3000 from a guy I watched use it for entire 5 hour set. He had no issues with the exception of 1 freeze that corrected itself. I have been using it everyday for about 2 weeks now and have had no problems. I am using a Toshiba Sattlelite Laptop w/ XP and after the initial set up everything has been working fine.

I had my doubts because I had previously owned the BCD 2000 and it was a piece of $HIT!!!! I probably would not have bought the 3000 if I had not seen 1st hand this guy using it and having success with it. I am glad I did invest. I am deployed overseas and cannot bring a lot of equipment with me so the BCD 3000 has made things a lot easier. Mixing directly off of the Laptop was starting to get old!!! : )

Mensajes Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 8:42 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)