Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: DJ Mad Matt's Wish list

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Some wish list items. I know Christmas is still kind of far away but I figured Id try. :o)

An option to be able to load a song into the player without having it be removed from the play list. I like to change my mind mid mix on what I’m going to play next. I hate having to drag the same song back to the play list just to load it to the player again when I finally decide to play that song.

An option to have a song be removed automatically from the play list (after) it has finished playing or you hit the backspin or brake to finish the song.

A Right Click and Remove function in the play list. It’s not always fun to drag a song from the play list to the desktop just to remove it. It’s a pain when you’re running full screen.

A full Screen mode that allows you to see the Taskbar at the bottom. I run multiple windows folders open that I have categorized and drag songs into the play list on the fly while I’m playing. I usually have only a max of 10 or 12 songs in the play list at any given time. I work the play list a lot through out the night as a temporary space for those songs if lucky will get played or should I say they are on deck and could be up to bat very soon.

An option to change the mpeg decoder. I’m not sure which one VDJ is currently using but I would really love to use the latest Fraunhofer algorithms. To me, they sound the best and as a sound contractor for Nightclubs, It’s important for me to demo things that have great fidelity.

Last night, VDJ just closed for no reason at all in the middle of a song. No error, nothing. I have no idea why. When you load a song into a player , if its already playing, it flags you and asks, “ Are you SURE You want to load this song because the player is already playing?” That would be a nice flag to have if the program tries to exit or you hit the X by mistake. Are you sure you would like to Exit the VDJ?

Thanks,
Matt Orton
Synergy Pro Audio and Lighting

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 05 @ 10:27 pm
It does have a confirmation on exit when you hit the X (when a deck is playing) 'The music is still playing, are you sure you want to exit Virtual DJ?'. Obviously there can be no confirmation saying 'Are you sure you want to let Virtual DJ crash? Yes or No'

Mensajes Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 2:57 am
to remove a song from the playlist try pressing the delete key, no need to exit full screen. If you want to have the benefit of VDJ filling the screen but not obscuring the taskbar then chose a screen resolution and skin size that does this.

i agree that progressing to the next playlist item instead of just deleting the top one would be a good idea (leaving the one before still ther just going down selecting the next one, but after a few hours you would have to go through and clear up the palylist. prahaps keeping songs that are up to 10 tracks old thus keeping the playlist prety tidy while not disapearing them back into the forrest of directories that most people keep their music in.

Mensajes Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 3:04 am
I guess it must have been a legitimate crash with no error when it exited automatically. I thought the other DJ may just have clicked it out by accident. Most of the skins are written in 1024 X 768 and that the highest resolution our Flat screen will allow. I did figure out a way just to move the whole program up enough to see that taskbar.

Thanks for the info,
Matt

Mensajes Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 3:43 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
About the taskbar: You don't need to see it, you can switch between windows by using ALT+TAB combination. And if you drop songs from those windows to VDJ, just click on a song, drag it a bit, ALT+TAB to VDJ window and drop it on a deck.

Regards.

Mensajes Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 9:05 am
Yes i Know all the workarounds like alt tab and something no one mentioned like just hitting the windows key on the keyboard. Thanks for the assist. I know these things and I can deal with them but I try to sell these products to other end users with lil to next to not much knowlege about "windows" itself and if i can help make things things easier for them, then i can promote the product better. Alot of the end users are bar owners and managers, not the dj's, they start a playlist 3 hours before the DJ ever shows up so Its nice to have it simple for them. i personally do not have the time to teach them all how to use "windows" itself. All I was asking was just an option to shrink the screen down about 1/4" at the bottom. Thats really not alot to ask for.

Matt

Mensajes Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 9:22 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
For the moment, don't use full screen and your task bar will be above of your skin

Mensajes Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 11:59 am
Or you could also hit the "Start" button to display the taskbar. You could also create a skin yourself
Ewout

Mensajes Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 3:18 pm
I like the CDJ 1000 Skin but its in 1024 x 768 which is why I was having issues. 800 X 600 Skins of course dont fill the screen. I would like to write my own skins. I guess Ill have to do some reading up on how to do it. Ok .. now I have the taskbar overtop of VDJ in 1024 X 768.. Just cant see the bottom 1/4 inch of VDJ which doesnt bother me at all.

Thanks for the info everyone,
Matt

Mensajes Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 8:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)