Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Vci300 what are you doing ? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes , i love my vci300 but I always use it with Itch ...but NOW .... mama mia !!! vdj + vci300 it's a perfect combo , some features like loop_move are amazing . Good JOb ....keep rockin' .
And Denon 3700 are other perfect combo with vdj .

Mensajes Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 3:24 am

Agreed ;)

Mensajes Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 6:15 am
Whats Up Man-TK.. A question.. How is your settings in Sound Setup for the VCI 300

I am running Virtual vinyl and its working. I hear the songs playing but i cant hear anything in my headphones.

Mensajes Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 10:38 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just have some questions about the "Emergency Thru Switch" feature, which supposedly avoids the sound from stopping when the computer freezes. How does it work exactly? Do you have an ipod connected through the vestax? This hardware looks great!

Mensajes Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 9:15 pm
The Hardware is great. The emergency thru is for connecting a backup like and ipod or a cd player. The backup only work when you have it connected to a powersupply. For djying, it runs usb powered and not on a adapter... Its weired but thats how it is. Over all, its a nice portable setup for small easy gigs

Mensajes Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 9:54 pm
so is the VCI 300 fully functional now in VDJ6? I saw some older posts from when VDJ 6 first came out the included mapper file did not seem to work properly.

I am considering the following and wondering if VCI 300 should be on the list:

Numark OMNI
Vestax VCI 300

Numark Stealth/DJIO
Vestax VCI 100/DJIO

Price would say go the Numark route. I dont scratch, house DJ here. So pondering if the Vestax solution is over priced if I dont need touch sensitive jog wheels. How about sound quality? I assume the VCI 300 is 24 bit just like the OMNI?

I hear great things about the Vestax, but the OMNI (although on back order) is relatively quiet. Which I dont know if that is lack of sales or lack of issues.

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 2:38 am
My personal meaning is to use two devices:

VCI-100 as controller. It's very near to the VCI-300 but without soundcard and cheaper,
and the Native Instruments "Audio 4 DJ" Soundcard. It's very powerfull in output and so cute small ;-))

In Germany the VCI is about 450,- Euro and the Audio 4 DJ is about 200,- Euro - so it's much cheaper than the VCI-300.

The prob with the vci-300 is that Vestax still has no ASIO driver for it. So the Soundproblem in my eyes is in first step a problem of the missing driver from Vestax and not at all a VDJ prob.

Greetings, Heiko

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 5:31 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I own a Stealth, Chad, and recently received my VCI300. The VCI is superior to the Stealth in every way. If you have the means, get the VCI. If money is tight, and you have a DJ i/o get the VCI100.

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 8:33 am
Is the Audio 4 that musch better than the DJIO? Seems like they have the same features minus the LED lights. Seems like that could shave off $100 or I could reuse the DJIO I have with the VCI.100.

Has the mapping and use issues with the VCI300 been resolves with 6.0.2? And full mappers are there and out of box for the VCI100? I can use VDJ script very well with buttons, but not go the hang of how to adjust for jog wheel and pitch. :)

Lastly, if I do an external sound card, and put headphones through it, will the mix and headpohone volume on the VCI 100 still control that properly? Or are there even controls for that? I have not studied the layout very well.

Very Lastly, are there spare buttons to use on each deck for the quick loops? I don't use the loop in and out buttons much. If I need a loop I create my own sample and use it via sampler. :) Would be handy to have the quick loops avail like I do on my DMC2.

THANK YOU! This has been probably the most compelling post since I started this research ober a week ago! :)

And if I hijacked this thread, please feel free to move it or just PM me.

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 10:41 am
I don't know how much power the DJIO has, but i own an RME Fireface and an Audio 4 DJ - And i think the Audio 4 DJ i very close to the output of my RME card.

And yes, there is a standard mapper for the VCI-100 included in VDJ - but if you like take a look at one of my 'more advanced' mappers for the VCI-100 and VCI-100 SE Version:

https://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8402/Vestax_VCI-100_Def___Mapper.html

https://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8401/Vestax_VCI-100_SE_Def___Mapper.html

For example you can browse your directories and songs with the jog wheels. And in the next version (still Beta) you can also move the loop and move loop-in and loop-out points the way you need.

Greetings, Heiko

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 10:50 am
Thanks and does the headphone mix and controls work well with your ext sound card? I assume the VCI can control the cueing just as well? I just don't want to have to be reaching to the sound card everytime I wanna tweak mt headphone and main mix ratio in my headphones. I use the plf and master mix in headphone function entirely with my ppd9000 and is a must for me.

And since you didn't mention the 300, should I there are still issues since its MIDI is not standard?

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 11:05 am
I said if you have a DJ i/o. If not, I would just buy the VCI300, as long as your budget can afford one that is. So far though, I am very pleased with the VCI300. And, I am not a trickster when mixing either. It is rock solid, and those touch sensative platters are amazing...

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 11:09 am
I am sorry. I read it in bed on my phone. :) So then my only question is how the headphones function... can you split cue/mix the master and cue in the headphones, and control the headphone volume/mix from the VCI100 like you can via the OMNI or Stealth? I assume the VCI300 you can, but didnt know with the external how that all worked. I assume you just say cha 1 and 2 goes to master and 3&4 go to headphones.... and then the mapping on the VCI100 for the appropriate dials changes the mix and volume?

That would be a big show stopper for me... so before I spend the money... I just want to be crystal clear on what I am buying. Sometimes the specifications can be very confusing. The OMNI specs are confusing as to which volume you are really controlling on the mix/headphones with their mapped controls.

I can convince myself of spending however much, as long as the solution is solid. :) But if there is no real benefit in buying a VCI100/DJIO/Audio 2/4 vs the VCI 300 (other than all in 1 component), then Ill save myself the dollars. The one thing I see is if the sound board in the VCI300 goes back, you loose your entire setup (which I have the DJIO/DMC2 setup anyway), but also see that if my DJIO goes bad on that setup, I would have a second sound card to use if I do another DJIO/Audio 2/4.

Sorry I have worked in IT for 14 years. :) I am always thinking about plan B and "what if it fails or breaks, then what?" Takes the fun out of toy shopping, i know. :)

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 11:29 am
Yes, you can cue to the headphone to the head phone jack (channels 3&4) The "mains" (channels 1&2) send the master output to your mixer of choice. Hope this helps http://www.vestax.com/v/products/players/img/vci300_f&r_L.jpg but the VCI-100 has not soundcard..so all of your other questions would depend on the type of card.

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 11:40 am
Got it.... so looking at the VCI 100 now. I get it. The Cue buttons exist, but no controls for the headphones. (I think I have been looking so closely, it is all blending together. :)) So I need to understand if the sound card of choice will have the volume/mix capabilities I want.

The VCI300 has a monitor select knob where you can choose between hearing the master or cue in the monitor or headphones, or some mix of the two. Which is what I need. The Omni has that, but does not do a really good job in the manual of explaining. Which is why I was asking the VCI300 users if that works like you would expect with the mixers of today that offer it. (ie DJM800, PPD9000, etc...)

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 11:51 am
Yeah, for all intents and purposes the 300 works like a traditional mixer for cueing and headphone control. So does the RMX for that matter. If you are looking for a cost effective alternative, I have the RMX as well. It is a rock solid piece of kit. You have the additional option of have 3&4 go out via RCA, or 1/4 inch, connection. http://www.hercules.com/us/DJ-Music/bdd/p/62/dj-console-rmx/ I too am a long time Numark guy. Still own my first Numark mixer it is 30 years old and still going strong. I would put the RMX up there, performance and reliability wise, in comparison with my Numark equipment. Take a look at the RMX pics and specs. You might find you like it.

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 12:02 pm
Yeah, I have been looking at the OMNI and RMX for a while now too! LOL I found a few RMX vs OMNI articles and posts.. sounds like a toss up. I read the OMNI has a more solid 24 bit sound card built in.

I started looking at the VCI's line because so many people seem to very much loving them in a league of their own. I am basically looking for a solid solution for travel/cramped DJ booths that will perform as solid as my current setup (if not better.)

Would I like to spend the $350 vs the $900? Of coarse! LOL I have been very lucky paying less for my Numark equipment and coming out with a solid and high quality sound output, as well as performance.

I know it comes down to personal choice on budget and needs... just wish there was a site that really wrapped all these contollers on a feature and technical chart... so you could see buttons, knobs, sound, rating, performance, etc... would be a HUGE help on making the decision. That way you know if you spend the extra dollars you are getting more than a name and a number to call someone who cares when it does not work right. :)

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 12:36 pm
You can choose 24 bit sound from the RMX via the config control panel. Hope that adds to the debate... ;-)

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 1:31 pm
simply evil! lol I did see that, but when i see ppl having issues w/ sound on the RMX... I see people suggest they change back to 16 bit mode. I think I am really at the Numark OMNI/Stealth vs Vestax VCI100/300. I am just trying to see if a house DJ is going to see benefit for the extra $100's of dollars for the Vestax Line. lol

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 1:50 pm
I've been using my RMX, in 24 bit, with both XP 32 bit and Vista 64 bit systems for over a year and have had no problems with sound.

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 1:54 pm
57%