Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Karaoke video not showing up

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

maniadjPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have started to rip my karaoke discs with TriceraSoft to MP3 CDG zip files. VDJ will play and find the MP3 no problem, but not the CDG file. What am I doing wrong?

Mensajes Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 1:18 pm
KeivanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello ManiaDJ,

Look to the right of the search field the second round button over to the right next to where the amount of files that you are viewing. Its called View Options right click on it and make sure that Show Karaoke is checked. I hope that will help you.

Good Luck,
Keivan

Mensajes Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 2:35 pm
Yup that is checked. And show video. I have tried with the screen extended to my LCD screen and also without it extended with just the pop-up box in VDJ.

I can see the songs in the list and play them just like a regular song. No problem there. But the "words" (video) don't show up on the other screen. The VDJ logo is there, but nothing else.

My songs are ripped to a zip file which contain an MP3 and a .cdg file. Isn't VDJ supposed to just recognize them? Or is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Under the "video" tab I have it enabled and the correct monitor chosen, as I mentioned I can see the VDJ logo on the second monitor.

Am I supposed to see the video files in the list where I see the songs?

Mensajes Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 2:46 pm
I have done a few videos on karaoke for VDJ including a series on the proper and surefire way to rip CDGs to files playable in Virtual DJ. I use different software than you, try it using the software I use.

Karaoke & Virtual DJ (General Information

Tutorials on Ripping CDGs

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

I hope this helps!

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Mensajes Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 3:33 pm
maniadj wrote :
Yup that is checked. And show video. I have tried with the screen extended to my LCD screen and also without it extended with just the pop-up box in VDJ.

I can see the songs in the list and play them just like a regular song. No problem there. But the "words" (video) don't show up on the other screen. The VDJ logo is there, but nothing else.

My songs are ripped to a zip file which contain an MP3 and a .cdg file. Isn't VDJ supposed to just recognize them? Or is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Under the "video" tab I have it enabled and the correct monitor chosen, as I mentioned I can see the VDJ logo on the second monitor.

Am I supposed to see the video files in the list where I see the songs?

I am fairly new with this software myself but check and make sure you don't have anouther Video Effects selected at the same time like Sonique. I usualy play karaoke from deck A with the Karaoke video effect selected, regular music on B with Sonique and Tiler on to avoid forgeting to shut the other video effects off. Also if your are using a mixer and have the "X" control wired make sure your fader is in the right possition or the video for that deck will not come on. So if playing the karaoke on A the fader needs to be to the left all the way. This is just what I've found with my personal setup your may be different.

Mensajes Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 3:51 pm
DJ Rude: I did watch your videos - awesome by the way! And I did purchase that software, but still have the same problem.

I have never used video of any kind with VDJ before, but I will check about the fader, etc. ...... It's just strange that the music plays fine, so I thought I was doing something wrong with the cdg file.

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 9:47 am
DiskJockeyWatty wrote :

I am fairly new with this software myself but check and make sure you don't have anouther Video Effects selected at the same time like Sonique. I usualy play karaoke from deck A with the Karaoke video effect selected, regular music on B with Sonique and Tiler on to avoid forgeting to shut the other video effects off. Also if your are using a mixer and have the "X" control wired make sure your fader is in the right possition or the video for that deck will not come on. So if playing the karaoke on A the fader needs to be to the left all the way. This is just what I've found with my personal setup your may be different.

Should the "Karaoke" effect be activated to use karaoke? I can't choose "Karaoke" as a video effect. There is no "activate" button like the other effects...........????

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 5:38 pm
Try playing these files from MS Media Player and see if they work. You may need to update something on windows like I did when I first started. I love Tricerasoft products, I buy all my karaoke from them, but take those same CDG's and convert them to an AVI file, if your computer won't let you do what Rude is sugesting. I had to go AVI because my old computer just will not rip to MP4 using Tricerasoft. I recomend using DJ Rude's meathod first if you can because in the long run MP4 will use less memory then AVI because the files stay zipped and VDJ will play it from the zipped format.

On a side note I just had a new computer custom built (XP sp3) just to run VDJ and with my Tricerasoft ripping software and on my new comouter I CAN convert CDG disk to MP4 with no problem at all. It is something to do with a missing or bad codec on my other computer (Vista64) and you may be experiencing the same issue. I tried taking my old computer to a tech to have the proper codecs installed but he gave up as well, just wouldn't work.

You can also try posting your question directly to Tricerasoft (get Gia if you can, he is great) for I think this is more an issue with the files you are getting out of CDG Ripper then a problem with VDJ. They are very fast to respond just submit a ticket as you would here. And I will say again I am just as new as you, just letting you know what I found.

Watch all of Rude's videos they are great, and very very helpful.

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 6:18 pm
I did use DJ Rude's suggestion for CDG ripper as well as Audiograbber and I still get the same problem, which is why I came and not to their boards (although I did try Audiograbber, but they weren't much help)

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 6:25 pm
My Windows Media Player will NOT recognize the CDG file - does it need to in order for VDJ to recognize it? I guess there is a plugin or something for that?

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 6:32 pm
maniadj wrote :
My Windows Media Player will NOT recognize the CDG file - does it need to in order for VDJ to recognize it? I guess there is a plugin or something for that?

From wroking with their software all I can tell you is what I have run into. Are you sure you did the TEXT DB? That is where you sink up the music with the backgrounds words for the songs you are converting. You can find it all on their site but here are the basics

This is quote from Gia at www.Tricerasoft.com forums
The TextDB listing is provided with a sample list - if you are intersted in the full please visit this link:

http://tricerasoft.com/update.html

Downloading and installing:

You are provided a link to the update page, in the update page is the download link - you are provided 3 attempts to save and download (just in case you forgot to allow a popup window to appear). Save the file to the hard-drive then run it, install it to the appropriate location (in your case CDG Ripper 2). Once the install completes the database will be updated.

Using TextDB:

You just double-click or click load - scroll to find the manufacturer of the disc set (some are specific so pick the correct one), double-click the selection. Now look through to find the correct disc number/album, double-click and the track names will populate the track list.

Correcting and Converting:

Confirm that the names are correct, if not, repair them - highlight the track, below edit the information. To convert them all Convert/Convert All..

There ya go. And yes if it is not working in MS Media player then the file is converted wrong, or you are missing a codec,. I do not know the final solution because I simply built a new computer just for DJing and made sure it had all I needed before I installed any software. New computer (Windows XP) works fine my old (Vista) computer still will not properly rip CDGs. I will try PMing you all the email I have from them regarding the issue.

Mensajes Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 11:32 am
spool32PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I didnt see in any of your posts if video of any kind works on VDJ. Can you verify this so you know if its a problem displaying video or if its an issue with karaoke.zip's?

Winamp has a free CDG plugin and it works pretty good. I prefer using VDJ for karaoke myself but its a suggestion so you can check your files to see if the cdg is actually working, you could have some problems when ripping files from non-compatable drives

Mensajes Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 5:35 pm
Yes, I can play a .wmv file

Mensajes Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 5:59 pm
I just had my computer built a couple months ago from DJRAK and I have contacted them and they said my drive should be fine with ripping the CDG's. This is driving me insane! lol

I have put a support ticket in (on Monday) and have no reponse there yet.

I downloaded WinAmp and a CDG plugin and the video does NOT show up there either. So does that mean my CDG files are not ripping correctly? I have Sound Choice (The Foundation) CDG's that I am trying to rip - if that matters any.....

Mensajes Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 6:29 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
try the k-lite codec pack if you haven't already,

can you activate other plugins and use them.

try dragging a file to a deck and see if it plays.

Mensajes Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 7:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)