Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: vdj 6.0.2 and dn-s1200 help

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

cpg300PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi everyone...this is my first time learning this amazing new hobby for me. For my first set I have purchased a pair of dn-s1200 and a dnx120 mixer and running it to a pc with vdj. Everything seems well and working expect for one thing. My push/play, cue, pitch, scratch all function in sync with the vdj software...but the flanger, echo or loop effects on the actual deck do not work. For instance if a track is playing and I hit the flanger on my dns12 the vdj will give the break effect. I'd guess this would be bc of midi mapping? Can it be corrected? And if so how. I was under the impression these are now native to vdj and i thought there would be no mapping required. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all in advance.

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 8:48 pm
You have to tweak the Denon Mapper within VDJ to use the effects you want. In other words, add or edit the existing MIDI shortcuts to make it do what you want...

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 9:04 pm
With the default mapping, you can press MEMO to assign effects of your choice to the buttons. Follow the instructions on the display of the S1200.

Or you can edit the mapping manually:

• Go to CONFIG -> Mappers

• Choose the S1200 in the drop-down list.

• Choose the button you wish to change from the list.

• To activate an effect, map it to the following: effect 'Name' active - E.g: effect 'Flanger' active

Mensajes Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 1:08 pm
cpg300PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Thnx JP...that worked great. Another ques if u dont mind. When playing the dn-s1200 without vdj you can use the wheel to deepin the effect, is this possible with the midi mapping or no?
And one last ques...I have seen the hercules rmx and vdj LE work great where it is completely user interface and when you adjut volumes and gains, fader ect you see the changes in vdj as well. Can this be done with the dn-s1200 and my mixer? Im using vdj pro 6.

thnx for all ur help, greatly appreciated as I am new to this.

Mensajes Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 10:06 pm
In the default mapping, that's not possible, but you could do this be modifying the mappings, e.g;

Map the parameter knob to the following:

effect active ? effect slider 1 : browser_scroll

Map the parameter knob press to the following:

effect active ? effect button 1 : browser_enter

Map the jogwheel to:

effect active ? effect slider 2 : touchwheel

And map the jogwheel touch sensor to:

effect active  ? nothing : touchwheel_touch

With the above, when an effect is active the parameter knob will adjust slider #1 (Normally wet/dry (Volume)) and the jogwheel will adjust slider #2. Pressing the parameter knob will press the 1st button of the effect.

Mensajes Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 12:32 pm
so i have dn-s1200s and ive been trying to hook them up to vdj first it keeps telling me error in sound driver not enough channels??? idk what that means and i have a dnx-500 mixer but i can play a song and hear it and use my mixer but i cannot function the turntables do i have to have d link connected ? and how i really am just completly lost i apprciate all the help i can get i just started djing couple months ago plzz heelppppp !

Mensajes Sat 07 Nov 09 @ 8:09 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)