Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: windows 7 - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have never shut off anything, and if you want to use netsearch you will need to conect to the internet, and most clubs I've been in only offer wifi, no Cat5. If other thing are draining resources to the point you can't DJ, you need to upgrade. Processor and RAM are key. Always run 4GB. I can FB, download mp3's and spin and my Macbook in bottcamp won't even hiccup or stutter;I'm on Vista but will move to version 7 once I'm happy with the testing of my Stanton DaScratches and daRouter software working properly. your laptop is just like your turntable or mixer, skimp on quality and you will suffer.

Mensajes Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 12:08 am
I would have to disagree to an extent. Yes, if you buy a laptop that is built for internet and email usage, it might not make a great DJ laptop. However I bought a HP G60US230 laptop, which came with 3GB RAM, Duo Core 2ghz, 320gb HD @ 5400 RPM. It was $580 - $50 rebate and came with a $150 gift card from the retailer. It was a heck of a deal! And sorry, that is more than enough for VDJ. I did upgrade the HD to a 500gb @ 7200 rpm and then partitioned it into a data partition and OS partition. That moce alone made a huge difference for me when some said in these forums it would not.

There are better processor chips you can buy, but it is nearly impossible to measure dollars to performance. Which is why a MAC is hard for me to really justify cost when you see just as many issues with performance. So to tell people to buy a new laptop is not exactly good advice they can for sure see a return. Not all of us Facebook and sync our IPOD for the gym while we are getting paid to entertain an audience. :) I just need VDJ to perform solid while I am gigging with fx, samples, and 2 tracks, etc....

My point on disabling wifi and webcam is not something I know for sure keeps my performance quality solid, but given I have seen an issue or two now and then... I do what the instructions say. If you go to Numark's site and look at the documents under the OMNI control, you will see there are suggected tweaks for XP, Vista, and MAC alike. I have a quad core high end desktop and although I have less than 123u latenct, I still get a red spike now and then due to the wifi dips that occur. So again... $1500 desktop and $500 laptop.... Same basic latency issue.

The purpose of the post here is pondering if W7 handles live audio better... Which may mean live audio will now take priority over other device activities (such as WiFi) in which case, it will make alot of DJ's life alot easier for multi purpose PC/Laptops.

Mensajes Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 12:33 am
i personally would NEVER use netsearch the files sound quality are shit. your STREAMING a file. think about that for a second. also if your playing in a big club with a real system you can hear the difference. netsearch is a bs feature for bedroom djs and to draw more newbies/microwaves to the product. plug ins like this contniue to make this software a joke to most professional djs. i will never need it nor use it. no offense to anyone using it in a club live just my opinion.

Mensajes Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 7:02 am
Also using the RC on a fresh drive in my toshiba P300 laptop. Seems to run very well, audio and video. Only thing is when i load a file it 'hangs' just before load, but it did this with vista. Slightly annoying but liveable.

Mensajes Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 4:36 pm
... it becomes a bit tricky to broadcast to VDJ radio if I disable my wi-fi or Ethernet card lol

Disabling things helps no arguing it, but it's not something that should be necessary.

Mensajes Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 6:28 am
Exactly!!!!

Mensajes Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 7:31 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
natedawg24 wrote :
... it becomes a bit tricky to broadcast to VDJ radio if I disable my wi-fi or Ethernet card lol

Disabling things helps no arguing it, but it's not something that should be necessary.

You'll have to take it up with the laptop manufacturer/hardware vendor since it's a driver issue usually causing excessive DPC latency. Definately not the fault of VDJ. The only thing that can sometimes help is to increase your buffer size (thereby increasing latency).

Mensajes Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 5:37 am
no issues SBDJ, I rarely disable things as I have no need to VDJ works great :)

Mensajes Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 7:23 am
I totally disagree with the gentlemen who said the netsearch feature makes VDJ a joke to software based DJ's. it's absolutely the complete opposite opinion when a Serato based DJ looks over my shoulder to find out what I'm using. When I tell them about that feature they go bunkers! They think it's the dopest shit ever. I personally don't "stream" anything when I use it. I actually download the songs that I find after I "cue" how they sound. Some are shitty sounding but most sound just fine. Listen to it before you play it and you should be good. Turning off wi-fi is unnecessary with 6.02 unless your connection is sub par. If you have a great signal use it. The netsearch is a great tool when a new song drops that you haven't come across yet and one of the club patrons requests it. I haven't used it in the club because the signal at the place I spin is not very good but I use it at home when practicing all the time. I like it! I think it's a great addition to a great piece of software. Serato is only more stable in most situations because it's lifeless. VDJ has a beating heart and a strong pulse compared to anything else out there! WHEN I GET THE NS7 I WILL RULE THE WORLD....bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha....lol

Mensajes Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 11:16 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)