Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Newbie - help with set up to virtual dj

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

kk so right now i have somthing really basic and i saved up my money to upgrade. now befroe i buy some stuff i have a few qustions. first to connect my set up to virtual dj do i need a mixer(cuz i dont have enought to buy 2 turntables than the mixer right away). second i know i need a soundcard like serato, so whats the cheapest thing to buy that could hook up 2 tables and a mixer. lastly from my understanding i need a time coded vinyl so could i use the scratch live ones?(those are the only ones i know of). well thanks for your help

Mensajes Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 6:32 pm
There are a number of scratch vinyls (Serato, Numark Cue, MixVibes,etc.) Serato is very easy to get and very cheap up here (9.99 at guitar center) so I use those. They work in all of the modes. If you are running PC I would get eh Maya 44USB. Cheap and easy to set up. Save up and get your mixer first, a good mixer is critical. Some guy may recomend and all in one mixer like a stanton or numark, but just get a nice digital mixer(pioneer is nice but expensive, Numark and Gemini make pretty good ones as well). As far as turntables, this is the one spot where you can't be cheap. Technics are the standard and will treat you right, but I have to say I love my Numark TTX's as well. I have not tried Stanton's. But a good turntable has to be direct drive, heavy and have features not found on cheaper turntables (like an elevating swing arm). Also invest in a nice pair of Otrofon digital cartridges(I use the standard ones, they are cheaper than the concords, but go with what you like). This is not a cheap hobby, but if you love music and practice, you might just break even. Read the forums on DJing, and find a local DJ that has a style you like and watch what he does. Hope this helps. Practice, enjoy and most important: LOVE WHAT YOU DO! On a last note consider a solution like the Denon 300's or Numark CDX's..you get the feel of moving vinyl without the wearable parts, and if your computer pukes you can always move to CD's or usb drives.

Mensajes Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 11:34 pm
thx for that amazing post. i have old equipiment that im going to hook my new stuff up to until i can afford to buy additional stuff eventaully by christamas i will have bought everything. but thanks for the suggestions on the mixers and turntables as well.

Mensajes Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 3:24 pm
Just to add something I have used the Staton T-90 They are just as good as the Technics IMO. Like it was stated the Tech's are the standard but to get ahead in this business you sometimes can't follow the standard!!!
just my $.02

Mensajes Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 4:35 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)