Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Pioneer CDJ-2000 & CDJ-900 are here - Page: 4

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

so then some other form of wireless connection would have to do.

But either way, didnt Denon do somethign similar with the 1200's?

the point is that pionner dont innovate, they just duplicate.

Kinda like China :P

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 9:24 am
Pioneer took lots of features from many decks and added them into the new cdj's. The difference in pioneer's is.... The features will work better.

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 11:29 am
djfluke1 wrote :
so then some other form of wireless connection would have to do.

Unfortunetly such technology doesn't exist. WLAN might have enough bandwidth, but the problem with all wireless solutions is the latency and it's just not reliable enough for packet-transfer critical application like DJ'ing.

Instead, it would be practical if the mixer would work as a hub. Hell, slap some propietary (or standard like RJ45) connector to both decks and mixer and call it Pioneer MultiLink(TM) or whatever. The beauty if this connection would be that you could connect the deck to a mixer with just ONE wire, and it would transfer digital audio, digital video, fader start signal and share USB-media without separate hubs, since the mixer would act as a hub. Actually, there's no reason such connector couldn't even carry power.

So if the R&D department of Pioneer (or some other manufacturer) is reading this, you're free to incorporate my idea - given that you send me complimentary devices. Otherwise I will sue your pants off if I see something similar in your future devices :D :D :D

Mensajes Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 12:25 pm
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Has anyone here written some VDJ Script to map to a slider/knob on the RMX in order to mimic the needle drop feature on the CDJ-2000? If so please share it. Thanks.

Mensajes Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 4:30 am
cstoll wrote :
djcrossfade wrote :
its funny that mixvibes made them the rekordbox http://mixvibes.com/blog/?p=435〈=en

and i hear no support for cross

You didn't read the article then ....

"A major update of CROSS is planned this year and will include native support with the Pioneer CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 for plug and play compatibility as well as many exclusive new features."

o cool im still going to rock my turntables

but im thinking cross would have been better for me then mixvibes dvs pro

if i was back in doing gigs i would by them .

its kinda hard when u cant drive to get a gig .

Mensajes Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 6:38 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There isnt anything particularly interesting about these players but the call for a cdj-1000 with midi has finally been answered.
If anyone has actually played on pioneer equipment its all about quality. These babies are built to last!

Time for my icdx units to sit outside with the for sale sign..

Mensajes Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 6:53 am
I just found this on Pioneers fourm...

Q: What does it mean to have HID/Native Mode for Traktor, Serato, Virtual DJ & is that better than Midi

The CDJ-2000 features HID control for superior interfacing with certain software. At this point we have been working with Serato, Traktor, Virtual DJ. More to come later.

The CDJ-2000 features HID control for superior interfacing with software. HID stands for Hardware Interface Device and it offers far superior features to MIDI, such as allowing the players to communicate bi-directionally with the computer in order to send control signals (ie. play, fast-forward, scratch, loop, etc). Additionally having Native HID capability allows the players to receive information (track and time data for the display, loop status for the LEDs). The best part of all is you no longer need to use timecode / control discs as the information is built-in to the player. No more having to bring doubles in case you scratch or lose it. No more lag on the hot cues, no more floating cue or weird malfunctions because of the bad time code. For those that use other software that is not yet set up for Pioneer Native mode...not to worry because you can use the midi feature to map out all the functions.

Mensajes Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 8:45 am

Yeah, no worries ;)
Pretty sure both will work excellent with VDJ .. ;)

Mensajes Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 10:23 am
Wayyy over priced.its not worth the $1699 or $2150 that $4300 compared to some $1000 technics (2 for that) I thought we were in a recession????

Mensajes Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 1:21 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I cant remember the last time I played anything music from a CD, DJing or in my car. I think I know one DJ that still uses CDs and no computer. Take off the optical drive, just do USB only or stick a hard drive in it + midi save some weight. If not, I'm sticking with my CDJ-800s. I would like to see Pioneer make their own version of the NS-7.

CDJ-800 + VDJ = I can still do more.

DJ Kavika

Mensajes Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 9:03 pm
The fact they included 24bit/96kps output, a USB port for MIDI, and NO built in sound card (even if it is just a 1 channel sound card) is a total miss on their part for the price point. After seeing the demo vids, they are pretty impressive. But I dont see anything I can't map and do on any software package out there.

This seems very focused on the pro world comprising of DJ's who learned 20 years ago on vinyl. You look at the new up and coming DJs that have learned in the last 5 years consider the CDJ's an overpriced and arcaic. You know, they play those shiny disc looking things from the 90's that you used to pray would not skip on you during a transition mix!

It is also not likely many club installations are going to push aside their 2 year old MKIII's for these decks... in this economy clubs are making cuts and the DJ booth is not the place they are going to "invest." They are going to take that $4k and put it where the customers can see it at work... Yes clubs in big cities may make the move... but I can tell you alot of newer clubs in the midwest are foregoing the costs of DJ equipment and just putting in a sound mixer, speakers, and lights... the stuff the crowd can see and hear. The rest is up to the DJ. Which means if this trend continues up the chain... those Top DJs are going to realize the CDJ2000's are just to big to tote on a plane from city to city.

Further, promoters and clubs that used to bring in big names around here like Dave Aude, David Guetta, Tiesto, Oakenfold, etc... at least once a month... if not more... are barely doing it once a quarter now. I really think the CDJ sales will be a big disappointment to Pioneer. Pro's and Seasoned DJs that love the line and brand will buy them for their own home/mobile setup... but right now... out of the 20 local DJ's I know... 90% of them are purely laptop only and would never spend this much when they feel they can do much more, much faster and for alot less bulk.

Mensajes Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 11:15 pm
djchad72 wrote :
The fact they included 24bit/96kps output, a USB port for MIDI, and NO built in sound card (even if it is just a 1 channel sound card) is a total miss on their part for the price point.

Read the press release again and pay attention this time ;)

Direct quote from the press release: "The new turntables feature a 24-bit/48 kHz sound card and HID and MIDI control compatibility via USB port."

Mensajes Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 4:18 am
These decks were focused more on DJ's like Roger sanchez, Tiesto, Arman Van burren, Martinez brothers & the many.. They use CD's and to be able to have all your songs at the deck, it would be great. This is why its nothing new to us.

Mensajes Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 3:31 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
99% of the Big Djs here in Europe are using Cds . 85% of the NON big Djs are using Cds -

Mensajes Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 5:46 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Im only waiting for my 2000´s to arrive ;-)

Mensajes Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 11:50 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
radiofc wrote :
Has anyone here written some VDJ Script to map to a slider/knob on the RMX in order to mimic the needle drop feature on the CDJ-2000? If so please share it. Thanks.

okay since no one else could be bothered/figured it out I managed to discover a way to achieve something similar - here you go....

set this for PFL in the RMX Mapper: select & wheel_mode "search" while_pressed

Mensajes Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 4:15 pm
haydosPRO InfinityMember since 2008
i still jog with my discman.... why, is there something else ??

Mensajes Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 6:06 am
AntzDjCUE userMember since 2007
So, when my cdj 2000's arrive, will i just be able to plug them in and control VDJ? Or will I have to map each button etc or do I wait until it is available in the controller section and use time codes until then?

Mensajes Wed 25 Nov 09 @ 5:23 pm
The pioneers look nice but too many usb devices using up your all you inputs. Ill stick to my time codes. The pioneer decks are not going to sell as much. Most preffer to look for songs on a bigger screen. This is why laptops will be very hard to replace. Even though they can be used as cd players etc, they are still expensive. The CDJ 1000mk3s hooked up with time codes will do the same things as the new cdjs.

Mensajes Wed 25 Nov 09 @ 5:33 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Caliente123 wrote :
The CDJ 1000mk3s hooked up with time codes will do the same things as the new cdjs.

If your only desire is control the movement, pitch and loops ....

AntzDj wrote :
So, when my cdj 2000's arrive, will i just be able to plug them in and control VDJ?

Yes, version 6.0.3 fully supports the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 units. The mapping is already complete and setup just as if you were using the units in CD mode. There are CD mode only features that can not be duplicated in controller mode - but those are things that Pioneer built exclusively for use with their RecordBox software.

Mensajes Wed 25 Nov 09 @ 6:25 pm
94%