Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: hdmi connect

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

is anyone using their hdmi port to connect to their non hdtv's

i need suggestions for HDMI to S-VIDEO/COMPOSITE convertor.

Thanks

Mensajes Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 5:29 pm
you just must buy any hd recorder...
this is the only one chance for the conversation :(

Mensajes Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 12:50 am
darryl
I have a HDMI laptop, but it also has VGA, so I use a converter to go from vga to SVideo/Composite, which are commonly available and not too expensive. Does your computer not have a VGA port?

Pete

Mensajes Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 11:21 am
thanks pete,

yes mine has a vga port

can u tell me the brand/model of the one you use.

The one i found and bought and tried, has the worst image/color

thanks

Mensajes Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 11:42 am
vjtrePRO InfinityMember since 2008
djpetemk wrote :
darryl
I have a HDMI laptop, but it also has VGA, so I use a converter to go from vga to SVideo/Composite, which are commonly available and not too expensive. Does your computer not have a VGA port?

Pete

Bump

Hi Pete,

Yes please tell us what model you are using. Is your picture good? Do you have any issues with it? I'm having the same issue as Darryl, right Darryl? ;-)

Mensajes Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 6:34 am
Hi Guys

The model I use is Grandtec Hand View III
The picture quality is excellent. It connects to a USB port for power only (I actually use a 5v psu with it to save taking up a USB Port).

Another great feature is that as well as providing s-video or composite signal, it also Passes through the vga signal, which is a feature I use to pass signal to a club's TV system as composite, as well as a LCD screen in the booth as VGA at the same time

I got it in the UK from CPC, cost around 37 pounds, equivelent of about 60 bucks.

http://www.grand.com.tw/con_hand_view_III.php?menu=2

Hopefully you guys can get it in the states!

Pete

Mensajes Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 5:22 pm
nsxmarvPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have a vista64 machine that I use for video. You can get a box called Kworld pc to tv coverter, it works perfectly without any hassle. It goes from your VGA port and converts to s-video, composite, rgb, and yCbCr. It's powered by USB and it only cost about $60.00. I has resolution up to 1600 x 1200.

Mensajes Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 12:52 am
great, thank you guys for the information and input, will look into these options!

ds

Mensajes Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 1:30 am
nsxmarv wrote :
I have a vista64 machine that I use for video. You can get a box called Kworld pc to tv coverter, it works perfectly without any hassle. It goes from your VGA port and converts to s-video, composite, rgb, and yCbCr. It's powered by USB and it only cost about $60.00. I has resolution up to 1600 x 1200.

I have been using the KWorld PC to TV converter for nearly two years now.

Works great, I power it from a powered USB Hub therefore not stressing the laptop USB ports.

Mine outputs S-Video, Composite Video and VGA.

Bought from Maplins for around £30.

Mensajes Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 2:28 am

Mensajes Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 9:13 am
I wouldn't recommend getting the wireless box, it might work but I can foresee problems. Get the one that connects directly. The part number is KW-PCTV 1600.

Mensajes Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 9:24 am

Mensajes Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 9:32 am
That's the one. You'll be happy.

Mensajes Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 10:13 am
Just placed my order - thanks!

Mensajes Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 11:35 am
nsxmarv wrote :
That's the one. You'll be happy.

Hey Guys,

Well, I purchased the new converter but I’m still having the same bad color issue, it’s really no better than the one I was using before. Darryl and I tested it out on one of his TVs and it looked pretty good to me – maybe not the best it could be but to most people I don’t think they would notice anything wrong, but the monitors at the club? Awful. I tried adjusting the color on the TVs but that didn’t help at all.

I’m getting with Darryl on Friday to see if we can sort this out but if anyone has an advice please post.

Thanks!

Tre

Mensajes Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 12:47 pm
Are you going out of the vga port?

Mensajes Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 1:05 pm
nsxmarv wrote :
Are you going out of the vga port?

yes

Mensajes Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 3:30 pm
I haven't ahd those type of problems. Are you using shielded video cable. That could be the problem. Also, plug the converter into the tv and turn it on before you activate the second screen on your computer and see if the test pattern looks ok. You'll know if the problem is between the cable to the tv, the converter itself, or if the problem is in your computer.

Mensajes Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 3:51 pm
Hi Marv,

Thanks for all your input. Darryl and I got it sorted out for the most part ... two of the screens in the clubs are just monitors, not "real TVs" so, some adjusting in both the TV and converter menu options were needed.

Thanks!

Tre

Mensajes Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 7:41 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)