Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Version 6 shuts off during set TWICE??? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am using a brand new Toshiba Satellite laptop with a Terabyte external hard drive and NO other programs installed on the computer, It has Vista 64bit and I have experienced the program shutting off completely more than once, almost like I "x" out of the program???? HELP, I am at the point where I am about to ditch the program and go back to using CD's...I play out 3 nights a week and have many high profile events booked and CAN'T take the chance of it "crashing" during the night. I use Denon 3500's and a Denon X-1500 mixer with an ESI MAYA 44 external sound card...any input would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks!

Mensajes Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 8:04 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What version of VDJ are you using? 6.0.1 should work the best although older versions have been known to work very well too.

Mensajes Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 8:23 am
I am using the latest version 6 something or other (don't have it in front of me) have you heard of any others just shutting down completely??? At least with version 5 it gave me a warning so I could figure something out quickly!! Really dissappointed with this...

Mensajes Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 8:29 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I know of the crash to desktop issue and their is a thread about it.

Your problem could very well be the version you are using. You should try the OFFICIAL Virtual DJ 6.0.2. You can download the free demo to test. It's downloadable on this site only just as Virtual DJ is only available through this site.

If it works out for you, you can Purchase the software, register the serial number and be a VDJ Pro user with all the benefits that come along with being a registered user.

Other than that, I'm sorry but I can't help you. It's always a bad idea to use a pirated software professionally due to unforeseen issues that can arise like shutting off during your set.

Hope this helps and hope to see you soon as a registered PRO VDJ user.

Mensajes Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 7:14 pm
I know other DJ software demos only allow you to play for say 30 minutes and then it exits. If you are using a demo version of VDJ, it is probably the same deal... You should never ever use a Demo version for a live gig... only for trials in your home/practice site.

If you buy the software, there are plenty of experienced users since VDJ has been around along time. I have only been using it for 2 years, and have had all sorts of help from both peer users as well as the great Atomix staff.

I am not going to knock Native Instruments... but i recently bought some new DJ hardware that came with Traktor LE. I returned the hardware 3 weeks ago, and I am just now seeing a reply to my thread post and ticket. Horrible.

Mensajes Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 7:35 pm
It's not a pirated copy but thanks anyway, I have an idea, it seems to work best with XP and NOT vista so I will run it on a XP platform and let you know how it turns out! Thanks for your help!

Mensajes Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 8:42 am
i'm having the same problem with virtual dj shutting down for no reason. i have a registered copy and i'm also running it on a vista dual processor laptop. this problem is not acceptable. i can't have this happen at my wedding. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mensajes Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 10:11 am
Bcuk
I feel ya on this, I am wiping my whole system and installing XP, shouldn't HAVE to do this, but of course they will have some voodoo reason of user error, which after DJing for nearly 2 decades myself, would admit if i thought I was at fault! Good luck to you I will let you know if that fixes my problem!

Mensajes Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 2:02 pm
I also have a Toshiba Satelite with vista.
AND Legal version of VDJ PRO hence my status.
I came to conclusion that netsearch isnt a great idea to use as some searches will ruin the program and shut it down. It happen once to me also during a gig. I also believe vista sucks, because it worked/s perfect on my XP

Mensajes Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 9:01 pm
Thanks DJ Grant, sounds like the problem might be Vista, especially 64bit. BTW Did you remix a version of The Outfield "Your Love" on Crooklyn Clan?? If so, AWESOME work, it's my favorite remix of that song ever!!!

Mensajes Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 8:11 am
UPDATE...Took Vista 64 OFF my BRAND NEW laptop, installed XP and installed Version 5 (which I don't like as well, but will deal with) and Got to the club and started playing about 20 in...BAM CRASHED AGAIN!!! WOW, I just can't win! Anyone got Serato's phone number??? LOL
Note: The song was playing I was NOT Scratching, Using Shortcuts, Messing around with AutoMix, NOTHING The track was just playing normally...well not normally. SO SICK OF THIS!! Any suggestions?? PLEASE!!!

Mensajes Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 5:14 pm
Again? You are using a demo version to perform ata club? You should never perform with a demo version first of all, and on a registered version until you have proven your stability. Also note not all laptops are equal and it just can't be explained. I had a Gateway Duo Cor 1.6GHz laptop and never had issues where I had to 'fine tune it' but my new HP 2.ghz Duo Core requires all the performance enhancements.... Nothing to do with VDJ... Just how well that processor performs for live music (ie how low is the latency....) Even with all those tweaks and nothing runningm I still se latency via the DPC LATENCY checker.

Lastly, post a screen shot of your settings in the performance and options tab, plus a shot of your installed prgrams. Itunes and Instant Messengers are the worse as even when you close them they keep a service running in the background looking for emails, updates, etc... And if you turn off your wifi... They go into a tail sping trying to connect.

Mensajes Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 5:33 pm
Chad
Thanks for your input, I am NOT using the demo version, and I like your voodoo calcuations about laptops, god forbid that VDJ could possibly be at fault! Your a fan, I realize...I am not, Lord knows I have given it every possible solution (I Think??) installed on two different laptops, Dell & Toshiba...Three different platforms Vista 32, Vista 64, NOW XP and each situation crashed...THE ONLY constant is VDJ...Hmmmm??? Can't Be!!! Thanks though for your responses, I am ready to scrap the whole set-up and take up basketweaving! haha Have a great weekend

Mensajes Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 6:39 pm
For the record, Sam is using my pro version of Cue 5.2 to see if we can figure out if it's the laptop that is the culprit. Well, it crashed 20 minutes into playing. Not Good. I personally dumped his computer and put XP on yesterday. There is nothing else installed on this machine. I installed windows XP w/ SP3, and then Cue with the maya and ASIO drivers. It actually popped up the Windows message box "Cue.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience...etc". Funny thing is, I have run this same exact installation of Cue for over 2 years with only 2 crashes and one playlist problem. That's it. Thank God. Sam's laptop crashes every week. VDJ techline...help this man.

Mensajes Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 6:40 pm

Mensajes Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 6:55 pm
Well unfortunately that is a Windows Crash dialog ... which means something outside of Cue caused the crash. I would say that there is faulty hardware since you have changed O/S and 2 different versions of the application and still have fundamentally the same issue.

Also, djsho2k2 .. please review the license agreement of the software you purchased. By you 'sharing' your install and serial you are in violation of the User Agreement.

Mensajes Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 1:13 pm
Is the constant between your test also the maya? If you use the same laptop and OS but a different sound card, does it crash? If not then perhaps your USB cable or sound card is bad? Keep in mind MANY users use the Maya and VDJ/Cue and have great success. So could it be your hardware????

Why keep blaming VDJ? What happens when you play itune through the Maya?

Mensajes Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 4:08 pm
if its not a hardware problem . Try downloading a free app called Game Booster, I have been using it for my gigs which shuts down processes before you start up VDJ. I have no issues for many weeks. Its a pity we couldn't have this sort of gadget built into VDJ as an optional in config.

Mensajes Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 4:44 am
Again, thanks for all your input, especially the dude who is VDJ police!! LMFAO!!! SHO, they're coming for ya!! HILARIOUS, this like many forums is a "fanboy' site, Yeah it's probably my less than three month old computer or new sound card!!! NEVER point a finger at VDJ, Funny thing is I have another friend ON THIS FORUM with problems as well, Let's blame his issues on my laptop !!! Thanks guys but I am now the proud owner of Serato...and funny thing is it works flawlessly??? Wow, must be my computer fixed itself!! thanks for everything and NOTHING, You guys Virtually ROCK!!!

PTFO!!

Mensajes Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 9:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
...and yet many of us use the software without issue. But then some of us take the time to choose our hardware and set up our systems just right. VDJ will always require more tweaking than Serato due to it's open hardware support. For the record, just because something is new doesn't make it good and doesn't mean it will work with everything out of the box. Sometimes it requires some knowledge and patience - both of which you clearly lack along with manners.

The Maya44 should work just fine - but make no mistake it is a cheap sound card. The problem was that you just wanted to throw BS around and not actually get any help. You gave us no information with which to work and then complain you get no help...

As for the "VDJ police" well your friend could quite easily have had his account, all future upgrades and downloads locked out as a result of sharing his install and serial with you. Personally I wouldn't blame Atomix if they did so.

Finally, enjoy Serato - it is a great DVS.

Mensajes Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 9:52 am
80%