Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Windows 7 & Atomix Support

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

With the Windows 7 release just around the corner, I was wondering what will be Atomix's stance/announcement for support with users who buy a new laptop with W7 installed, upgrades, etc... I have already been looking at software makers like Propellerhead and Digidesign. They both have their CYA "we are currently testing our applications with Windows 7. Although results have been promising, we advise users to wait before upgrading to the new operating system." Which was the same thing they had with Vista...

I have not seen anything on the Virtual DJ Website at this point and time indiciating how users who upgrade quickly will be treated from a support stand point. So far everyone has been raving about VDJ and W7. I, myself used the beta as a dual boot on my PC just to see if everything would install properly. I found it to be an exciting leap forward, and I am definately itching to make the leap.

Is it possible to get a post or a sticky on the support for W7? Also may be good to have a sticky for VDJ users who begin to make the leap forward so that issues or experiences can be captured.

I know there are lot of threads on W7 popping up, but none of them have a Atomix team member posting responses. Most are just asking if VDJ works, and many have found it does. However that does not mean Atomix will support you until their testing is done.

Mensajes Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 7:08 pm
fat0n3Home userMember since 2008
your best bet is to test it out and see, i used the rc 64 for 7 and no probs, if you got the time and energy to put into it try it

Mensajes Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 8:17 am
I know it can be tested and worked.... my point of the post is for Atomix to state if they will support users who upgrade or buy a new laptop with it installed on it. When you look at other music software companies, they wont support users having issues until they have completed their own internal certification testing.

Nothing like that has been posted with VDJ as to their timing, treatment, support, etc...

Mensajes Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 8:27 am
I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for 2 months now and it hasn't missed a beat. All aspects I use work fine, Video, Karaoke, etc. Can't fault it so far.

Mensajes Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 5:42 pm
VirtualDJ is compatible with Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) and we really advise it contrary to Vista ;-)

Mensajes Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 3:08 pm
That is probably the best thing I have heard all week!! Thank You! I am hoping it helps some of my laptop issues. Although it is fast, its an entry level in the HP line. Therefpre if the OS is sluggish, it won't really compensate. It will be much cheaper of a $50-100 W7 upgrade fixes my issues vs a $1000 laptop! Although the new Quad Core Laptops are tempting!... But then again I've barely had this laptop 1 yrs! Lol

It also is great to hear beceause with Vista I leaped before I looked and many apps would not even install on Vista until 1 yr later! So good to heard we won't be doing the dual bott dance this time around. :)

Mensajes Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 3:48 pm

Mensajes Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 4:47 pm
hemanHome userMember since 2005
im having a problem with vdj in windows 7, i load up a video but it plays the audio but the image freezes and keeps freezing and the pc stops and only when i hit stop it stops and goes back to normal after like 5 seconds. i need help because i run the videos for a seminar, help asap! Tx.

Mensajes Sat 21 Nov 09 @ 8:29 pm
djcel wrote :
VirtualDJ is compatible with Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) and we really advise it contrary to Vista ;-)

Mensajes Sat 28 Nov 09 @ 7:20 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)