Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Recommendations For All-In-One Controllers.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I currently own a Mackie U.420d Firewire mixer (which, it seems, no one else on the planet owns) which doesn't have enough channels to support using VDJ in ASIO. In light of this, I've decided that I want to purchase an all in one controller/surface like the Numark Total Control, but of the few I've found so far, none seem to have headphone support, which would be critical for me to consider purchasing a given unit. Can anyone recommend me a controller like this, if possible under 300 dollars?

Thanks!

M.

Mensajes Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 3:40 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 3:44 am
The M audio Xponent is a good controller. Its better than a hercules RMX. Then you have a VCI 300...

Mensajes Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 9:03 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
mort_subite wrote :
if possible under 300 dollars?

The VCI-300 is @ 800USD. I would suggest the RMX, as Cioce wisely pointed out, or the Omni Control from Numark. Both the RMX and Omni share so many of the same qualities there is really no bad decision to be made.

Mensajes Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 9:18 pm
The RMX has the advantage of including a free DJ Console Edition of VirtualDJ with the option to upgrade to Pro at a considerable discount.

Mensajes Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 12:30 pm
isrortPRO InfinityMember since 2009
and the sensitive plates of VCI-300 or VCI-100 are not supported at this moment by VDJ.

Mensajes Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 11:58 am

Mensajes Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 1:03 pm
*******WARNING ABOUT HERCULES RMX*********
I run a large disco / dj business. We do everything from mobiles through to clubs and pubs.
I bought the Hercules RMX thinking at last this is the answer. I previously used Behringer BCD2000'S (cheap and nasty).
At first very impressed....so I bought another.
WARNING......the sliders have now failed on 2 volume channels on the first rmx.
The RHS pitch control fader has now failed on the second unit.
Both less than a year old.
I have taken them apart to repair them, ordering the spares directly from Hercules.....no time to mess about with warranty cover, they are used 4 nights a week.
THE SLIDERS (ATTENUATORS) ARE VERY VERY CHEAP AND NASTY AND REALLY WON'T LAST 2 MINS.
Sort it out Hercules. I really wouldn't mind paying that little bit extra for reliable quality!!!!

Andy (UK)

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 12:44 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I'm sorry you have had problems Andy. I have been using my RMX for over a year now, at weddings and private events, with absolutely no problems what so ever.

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 12:52 pm
Hello soundsolution,

DJ Console Rmx pitch and volume sliders are manufactured by Alps, one of the most prestigious brands in electromechanical components.
http://www.alps.com/WebObjects/catalog.woa/E/HTML/Potentiometer/SlidePotentiometers/SlidePotentiometers_list1.html

If you look at this forum, you will see your issue is uncommon (I don't remeber reading on this issue before: some DJs may prefer a looser or a harder crossfader, but I don't remember DJs mentionning a defective pitch or volume fader).
As you got this issue on 3 faders, no bad luck can explain a triple issue which never occurs on any fader to other users, so it is extremely unlikely the origin of your problem lays in the use of the Rmx, but it is more likely it comes from the storage or an accident.
- When storing or carrying the Rmx, did you put weight on the fader buttons?
- Did you store your Rmx in a wet area?
- Did you met an issue with a liquid spilled on your console?

The Rmx transport bag is made to carry it on the shoulder, so if you ship the Rmx in a van where you pile speakers and amplifiers, or in a plane, you must protect your Rmx (with its transport bag) in a rigid case, as a soft transport bag cannot protect the Rmx from the weight of speakers, amplifiers ore other heavy cases.

Mensajes Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 4:13 am
I have been using the Hercules RMX for about a year now....Let's see..I have dropped it countless amount of times...It has screws missing and the top is even bent up. The most recent mishap was a drunk girl spilling her drink all over and in it.

It stopped working after that...until it dried. I am still using it and It is still performig flawlessly. I am actually looking to purchase another one very soon. From what I see...it has been rugged and reliable and easy to map to using VDJ.

Just my 2 cents

Mensajes Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 4:04 pm
i have been using my rmx about a year now also.since mapping buttons ect ive never had an ounce of trouble like above problems.also i got a case to protect my beloved rmx.and with recent updates from vdj and hercules drivers it still works flawless.

Mensajes Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 10:41 am
Mine has been abroad with me many times and after a bit it started to rattle, I think from being in my bag and been thrown off the plane by those idiots. Especially since a lot of the country's I was in were 3rd world country's, meaning that the airport throwers were probably even worse than normal.

Anyway it still worked but I didn't feel good about it so sold it for spares and repair on ebay and bought another one

Mensajes Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 10:42 am
hbsonePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I use the Numark Total control. It doesn't have a Headphone jack but you can configure VDJ to use two sound cards. I use the Maya44 for the music and My laptop sound card for the headphones. This way you are able to cue and mix and it is under $300 bucks.

Mensajes Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 10:57 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)