Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: how to connect CDX to Virtual DJ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i have the numark CDX and i need to know how to connect them to virtual DJ. Is there a way i can them to the program and not use any CDs anymore? please guys im kinda learning all this so step by step....lol

Mensajes Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 1:27 pm

Mensajes Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 3:12 pm
can i scratch when i hook it up to the sound card...
with the 4in/4out sound card i would use only RCA to cable to connect right?

Mensajes Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 6:25 pm

Mensajes Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 1:12 pm
Great Thanks, what's a good cheap sound card?

Mensajes Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 12:57 pm
ESI Maya44 USB is probably the cheapest.

Alternatively, the ASIO sound card built into the Hercules DJ Console RMX or older MK2 can be used for timecode (And you can use the console itself at the same time for triggering effects, etc.) These consoles allow you to upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro at a discount (More discount for RMX.)

A decent good quality card such as Native Instruments Audio 4 DJ is strongly recommended.

Mensajes Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 1:15 pm
great thanks, also sorry for the bother but can i connect CDX turntables Via Midi to virtual DJ, if yes How?

Mensajes Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 5:51 pm
Unfortunately they cannot be used as MIDI controllers for DJ software

Although they do have MIDI ports, these only allow another device (E.g: MIDI keyboard) to control the CDX or send MIDI clock signal to allow synchronisation with another CDX, a drum machine, etc.

They do not send MIDI for buttons, etc. which is required for controlling software. The only way to use them with VirtualDJ is via timecode CD.

If you are looking for something similar that is a MIDI controller and can directly control the software, take a look at the Denon DN-S3700.

Mensajes Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 12:49 pm
=======Quote=====
Yes, if you use timecode CD's then you can. You would need:

VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

A suitable 4-in/4-out ASIO sound card such as Native Instruments Audio 4 DJ.

Some timecode CD's that you can create yourself using the audio file on the following page: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/cd.html
=======End Quote=====

Sorry If I'm Bringing an Old topic back To Life but I just want to make sure I have the Necessary Things to accomplish this .I too Have two(2) Numark CDX Turntables and I also have a Numark DM 1002 MKII. I want to know if it will connect properly and I wont have to buy a sound card. As JPBoggis States:

=======Quote=====
Alternatively, the ASIO sound card built into the Hercules DJ Console RMX or older MK2 can be used for timecode (And you can use the console itself at the same time for triggering effects, etc.) These consoles allow you to upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro at a discount (More discount for RMX.)
=======End Quote=====

Just checking to make sure because I get my System Tomorrow and I want to make sure that I can do it.
Also Im using:

Windows 7 Ultimate, Laptop
2 gb Ram
2 320 Internal Harddrives
1.80 GHz
512mb Graphics Card (only Audio Mixing)

Also if you could please let me know which OS (XP, Vista, Windows 7) is this software best used for.
Thanks in advance.

DJ DJ

Mensajes Sun 20 Dec 09 @ 12:13 am
To use timecode, you will need to purchase a 4-in/4-out ASIO sound card as advised above.

The CDX is not MIDI capable and has no built-in sound card. The DM 1002 MKII is also not MIDI capable and also does not have a built-in sound card.

Suitable cards include Native Instruments Audio 4 DJ, Hercules DJ Trim, ESI Maya44 USB.

Windows XP or 7 is the best O/S to use. If using Windows 7, please check that the sound card and any other hardware you will be using has Windows 7 compatible drivers available.

Mensajes Sun 20 Dec 09 @ 3:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)