Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Timecode CDs acting crazy with Hercules ...advice please

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

I've got a 20 day free trial of VDJ...I recently picked up one of those little Hercules Mk2 units for gigs where there are no CDJs available, and I read that it's supposed to be useable as a soundcard for VDJ in external mode? I've never played with timecode and software before so I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm using Denon S-1200s and a Stanton SMX 301 mixer at home, and the places I play at have Pioneer CDJ 400s or 1000s and a DJM-600 mixer. I've only tried VDJ on my home setup (obviously) and I've tried it with both the pro and regular timecode CDs.

Anyway I've got the whole thing hooked up correctly, VDJ running, following the instructions, but when I play the timecode CDs they won't configure. I get a 0% quality reading, and no amount of tweaking seems to help. The decks on the screen just turn back and forth crazily, and the music sounds like somebody playing with a powered-down turntable. I know the signal is going through, it's just not being configured by the software.

VDJ works fine in internal mode, and the Hercules Mk2 works fine with the Traktor LE that comes with it.

Knowing computers, it's probably something simple I've overlooked. But I don't have a lot of time to spend fidding around with this; if it works I'm open to trying it at a gig; and if not I'll keep using CDs. They are such a b!tch to organise, though....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mensajes Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 6:12 am
Make sure your CDJs are plugged into the Hercules as line inputs, i.e. the switch is set to line and not phono. Also make sure Virtual DJ is not using the software pre-amp and that the gain is not too high. If you're able to post a screenshot of your timecode settings that can usually help.

Mensajes Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 9:45 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)