Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: CDJ-400 : MIDI or HID ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello !

CDJ-400 : MIDI or HID ?

And if it's a HID controller, do we have to install something (like the xml we can find in VDJpedia) ?
Does it give better performances ?
And is the VDJ sript exactly the same (if it's in midi or HID mode) ?

Thank's for your help !

Mensajes Sat 28 Nov 09 @ 6:43 am
Plug-n-Play ... follow the Pioneer manual for putting it in PC Mode. That is all you need to do ... it uses HID and the default VDJ mapping is as if you used it in CD mode.

Mensajes Sat 28 Nov 09 @ 8:31 am
Thank's for the reply,

I know that it's Plug & Play and i know how to put it in PC mode (i run it since a long time now).

Now, I also know that it's in HID by default (the better mode if I understand).

But I want to know if it makes differences for the VDJ script (are all the instructions exactly the same ?)
Because I try to modify my mapper for the CDJ-400.
Actually, when I change the text display with the "Time Mode" button, it switch between time elapsed and remain.
But it does it on the 2 decks.
I want to have independant text display for the time mode.
In the french forum, JeremK told me that it's not possible, but I think that with the good instructions in the mapper, it could be.

For the moment, with the cdj-400 connected, the instructions for "Time_Mode" are: " holding 300ms ? auto_cue : toggle " $remain_time"

What could be the instructions to make the time mode display independant on each deck ?
(I made several modifications without success)

If it's possible, it would be great.

Thanks for your answers

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 10:16 am
$remain_time is a global variable, so would apply to both decks. Simply turn it into a local variable by changing all occurrences of it to %remain_time, then it will be independent for each deck.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 5:36 pm
This issue was corrected with an updated mapper in version 6.0.3.

Refresh the mapper to the defaults by using the button in the lower left corner of the Mapper tab.

** Any custom mappings will be reverted back to system defaults for that device. So you will have to redo any mappings you would like to have. **

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 5:58 pm
yyyeeessss !!!! It works (I have just refreshed the mapper to the defaults by using the button in the lower left corner of the Mapper tab).

I love you ! And how a quick response !

VDJ is becoming very exciting (just a few enhancements like subfolders and tagging id3 tags and it will be the perfect tool for DJs, clubs...).

Ah ! Another question ! I want to map another button, but i want to know the difference between "Sync" and "Sync_nocbg" ?

Thank's

Mensajes Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 5:56 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)