Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Right channel completely out on RMX

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have used two different laptops because i thought it could be my new one - both times my right channel is not working on the hercules output...

I had to use Mono last night when plugging into a club system that was designed for Stereo.

I dont think there is anything wrong with my set up as both channels 1&2 and 3&4 are fine in the sound driver controls. Both outputs are missing the right channel also.

Its only 6 months old so should i be looking for a replacement?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Matt

Mensajes Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 8:41 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi mate.

just as a quick check. Do you get both channels if you feed the RMX an analogue input?

Daz

Mensajes Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 8:48 am
Screen shots of your VDJ config and Hercules driver panel would be good.

Also could you provide a photo of the connections on the back of the RMX?

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 2:15 am
Dazmax wrote :
Hi mate.

just as a quick check. Do you get both channels if you feed the RMX an analogue input?

Daz

Hi Daz,

do you mean a CD player? I have tried an old walkman plugged in and still had the same problem. I do have the latest drivers as of 12th Nov for Windows 7 too.

As for a screen shot - I can get that later as i'm just at work.

Cheers!

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 5:39 am
Yes mate

If this is not a cofig problem (And GadgetMan will be able to check this for you) then it could well be a back to the manufacturer on waranty job.

It is a strange failure as the RMX has 4 channels and for one channel to be out on both pairs would be an odd hardware failure to have. This depends on how the analogue output circuit works, but it is not unusual for manufacturers to use amplifier chips with 2 channels on each. If one chip is used for say channel 1 and 3 and annother for say 2 and 4 then failure of one chip would give this fault.

Assume you only get 1 chan in your headphones as well?

Daz

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 9:20 am
Dazmax wrote :
Hi mate.

Daz

Missed this one... If you are using the analogue inputs you need to be in ASIO mode otherwise you hear anything.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 10:00 am
Dazmax wrote :
Yes mate

If this is not a cofig problem (And GadgetMan will be able to check this for you) then it could well be a back to the manufacturer on waranty job.

It is a strange failure as the RMX has 4 channels and for one channel to be out on both pairs would be an odd hardware failure to have. This depends on how the analogue output circuit works, but it is not unusual for manufacturers to use amplifier chips with 2 channels on each. If one chip is used for say channel 1 and 3 and annother for say 2 and 4 then failure of one chip would give this fault.

Assume you only get 1 chan in your headphones as well?

Daz

Hi Daz,

thanks for your advice... In the headphones I get it in both ears absolutely fine....which is a little confusing. I'm going to use it on mono this weekend and send it back to DJ store (where I got it from) and they will probably take a while to deal with it and Hercules etc....

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 7:50 am
mattynaughton wrote :
thanks for your advice... In the headphones I get it in both ears absolutely fine....which is a little confusing. I'm going to use it on mono this weekend and send it back to DJ store (where I got it from) and they will probably take a while to deal with it and Hercules etc....

If you could get us a photo of your connections at the back that would be good before you send it back.

If you're getting both channel sin the headphones, then the RMX is processing both channels. So something is not right on the output stage.

Also, have you tried swapping the channelrs over on the lead? Does the other channel dissapear? Do you have an alternate lead?

Are you going via a mixer'? Does that mixer have a balance control? Is is central? Let's go thorugh this end-to-end before sending it back to the store.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 8:28 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
try one other thing on your outputs if you are using rca to rca or rca to 1/4 jack output try... 1/4 jack out to rca in on mixer or 1/4 jack to 1/4 jack, see if you have same problem, basically you should as the outputs are in parallel if not you have a dodgy lead, replace and all should be well, if not to get you over weekend get a y splitter and connect up to mixer that way, at least you will have input on both channels admitedly mono but two channels none the less.

if your not feeding to a mixer same applies going straight to an amp.

Mensajes Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 2:42 pm
GadgetMan wrote :
mattynaughton wrote :

If you could get us a photo of your connections at the back that would be good before you send it back.

If you're getting both channel sin the headphones, then the RMX is processing both channels. So something is not right on the output stage.

Also, have you tried swapping the channelrs over on the lead? Does the other channel dissapear? Do you have an alternate lead?

Are you going via a mixer'? Does that mixer have a balance control? Is is central? Let's go thorugh this end-to-end before sending it back to the store.

Cheers,

Roy

Hi Roy,

i will try my best to get a picture over the weekend - need to find my camera! As for the set up i'm just using RCA output in 1&2. Now I have tested tonight using an external source through the RMX...same problem.

However when turning my amp up i can hear a slight amount of sound in the channel but its literally a hiss....
I have tried swapping over the channels...i have two sets of leads. two laptops...spares of everything. The output goes straight into my Peavy Amp with EQ on the front. These inputs are Summed and does not have a balance control. I was also using a hired mixer on Saturday night using an AV company near me and I had the same problem. I have since plugged into my Dads Denon HIFI at home and still only one channel.

One thing i have not tried is the 1/4 jack output - which i will try over the weekend before sending back. My Dad used to DJ back in the day when it was fix it yourself if it broke - and he's had a look at the mixer and is 99% sure that the output is failing becuase it is transmitting a small amount of sound out of the left channel.

Will update with pictures at the weekend.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Mensajes Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 5:03 pm
Hi mate

The outputs of the RMX are probably buffered at a point after the HP amplifier which is leading me back to the previous comment that possibly one of the analogue output chips has failed.

Daz

Mensajes Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 6:09 pm
Dazmax wrote :
Hi mate

The outputs of the RMX are probably buffered at a point after the HP amplifier which is leading me back to the previous comment that possibly one of the analogue output chips has failed.

Daz

I think you are right - if it was a config error then there wouldnt be any output in the channel at all.

Mensajes Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 7:34 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)