Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual DJ quarter to half load video tracks

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dom1410PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thought fist time may have been nothing but apparently not, twice this week about 2 hours into my set the videos would only quarter to half loading and I would have to play song and hope load would stay ahead of what was playing.

1st night it kinda worked, 2nd night had to shut down and still had problems throughout the night.

I've used this about 5 times prior with no problems, please give me a hand in what could be wrong.

I'm doing videos with a Vestax VCI-300, Gateway FX with 4gb memory, 2.26 processor, with Nvidia 9800GTS Video Card. My external is a Seagate Free Agent 1TB and has only half if that of videos loaded. Almost all videos are in mp4 format.

PLEASE HELP!!! Need to get this fixed by next weekend

Mensajes Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 9:46 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi mate

Try going to CONFIG/PERFORMANCES/MAX LOAD then set to ALWAYS.

Daz

Mensajes Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 10:50 pm
I'll definitely try this, but would the setting cause this problem so long into a set and is it more a load setting cause I also get the program to start stuttering? Thanks

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 7:56 am
Hi mate

It sounds like you may have some software aplication that is starting to use time on the machine and slowing it down.

Don't want to try and teach you to suck eggs and assume you shut down any software that is not needed while you work.

When was the last time the heatsink for the CPU was cleaned? Overheating could be annother area to check out.

Do you have any scheduled tasks that could be starting up automaticaly? Virus checkers/auto updates/ even power management features.

It is always worth taking the time to ensure that your drive is in good condition and defragmented regularly.

The max load setting when you may have annother issue will give you a full load of the song but could make the stuttering worse and/or make the VDJ skin freeze for short periods. It will cause the software to spend more time loading. If you want to experiment you can try adjusting the load setting to different values. Starting with 5min and see what happens. The 5min Setting should always load (as its title suggests) 5 min of any track but will continue to stay five min ahead of the play point.

Just some ideas

Daz

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 9:03 am
Laptop isn't even a year old, and has only been online probably twice to download Virtual DJ and Serato Itch. Other then that there is no spyware installed and no set security software to check for updates. This is "strictly for djing lappy", I don't think the laptop is getting to hot but just in case I'm going to go out and purchase a laptop cooler this week with AC Adapter so I don't draw any additional USB power from the PC.

Does a PC need to be defragged if you don't do anything on it except for your djing? I'm really familiar with disc defrag?

Daz, I have also uninstalled all non-essential programs and have went into system startup and turned off anything not needed for DJing

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 10:27 am
Hi mate

like I said I didn't want to try and teach you to suck eggs. Just ideas. Sounds like you have the machine well sorted.

I think defragging is important even if your just using it for djing. As you add music to the drive it would be just like any other file and as i'm shure you know Windows dumps data wherever it happens to be and find a space. Over time the drive will become just as untidy as when used for other work.

Daz

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 11:12 am
dom1410 wrote :
I'm going to go out and purchase a laptop cooler this week with AC Adapter so I don't draw any additional USB power from the PC.

Do like I do, I have a laptop cooler & PCtoTV Converter that do not have the option of an AC Adapter power supply, only USB. I use a powered USB Hub to power them. ;-)

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 6:41 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)