Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Let's not waste anymore money

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

OK,

So I have been using virtual DJ on PC with the DMC2/Hercules RMX/Total control for the last few years and I have finally decided I want to look a little more professional and start getting into the art of turntablisim. What I am looking for is a *WORKING* and *PROVEN* turntable setup. I had a birthday this week and I made the first mistake of getting the T.62s by stanton, and than purchasing the whole SL1 kit to use as the soundcard. I hear rumors that it worked, but apparently that was only short term on windows. In a nutshell I am returning the turntables and going for techniques, but I am looking for someone to tell me of a setup the know works including what soundcard you are using/ What turntable/ and what vinyl version (pref serato vinyl)

I actually have the RMX too so I tried using that as a soundcard, it worked but it was off. I would adjust the pitch to get the bpms to match on both tracks but they would juggle between 126.0 and 128.0. If i hit the good old sync button it would line the beats up fine, but if i tried to use the turntable to line the "visual boxes" up at the top to make sure the song was in sync I had problems. I could not get the boxes to line up everything seemed delayed. If i use to the mouse to line it up that was no problem as well, any input here would be greatly appreciated guys.

FYI I got ride of the V.V setup a long time ago didnt have time for it...now i want to get back into timecodes

Current setup

VDJ Pro 6.0.5
Macbook Pro 15 8gb ram 2.8 ghz core duo, 500 gb hd
Hercules RMX
Numark DMC2
Numark mixer

Mensajes Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 3:08 pm
angeldiaz wrote :
OK,

So I have been using virtual DJ on PC with the DMC2/Hercules RMX/Total control for the last few years and I have finally decided I want to look a little more professional and start getting into the art of turntablisim. What I am looking for is a *WORKING* and *PROVEN* turntable setup.

Technics, or PDT 2000, Vestax 007, or 07Pro, and last but not least……. Real(heavy as hell) Vinyl!!!!!!! That’s what I use when I decide to do a scratch and juggle set. It’s the tightest possible setup you can have. Just Buggin!!!!!!!!! So far all the people I know say Serato.

Good luck to you! Welcome to the “Art” of Turntablism. Keep it alive forever…….

Mensajes Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 11:55 pm
The pitch related problems you experienced was mostly due to the software/soundcard, not the turntables. Some turntables are better for scratching, but when it comes to straight up constant pitch, any turntable you buy, whether it's entry level or top of the line, will keep a constant pitch speed. So if you're having fluctuating pitch problems it has nothing to do with the turntable itself but rather the timecode vinyl and the how the software interprets it. I use Serato Timecodes with the Virtual Vinyl soundcard and the pitch is bang-on since the latest 6.5.0 update.

Mensajes Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 5:51 am

Mensajes Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 11:41 am
I got Trackmaster II's by Stanton. now i gotta get replacement needles which models SK fit and Trackmaster III needles fit.

I want to get custom gold tables but heck. not many people can afford those lol but in all seriousness get one's that are aimed towards scratching. $150-200 range. the one's q-bert made are nice as well as his crazy turntable. i can't name it off at the moment what either of those are called.

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 3:30 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Whilst I was looking around at carts I was told that the output on the Ortofon Q-Berts is actually a bit too high for timecode use. They are a very high output cartridge, so decided not to risk throwing the money away ;)

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 6:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)