Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: help! vci-300 crossfader lost contact

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006

I accidentally spilled a bit of coffee on my vci-300, not very much. I clean it up and everything seems to work except crossfader. I tried to clean up the hole with a ear cleaning stick and contact spray but it still fails. When I move the crossfader, it jumps to the left side (on VDJ screen). Also fader feels little grainy at the left side. I cannot use the controller now at the gig, so urgent help is needed.

Crossfader is not replaceable, so it seems that I should take apart the controller to pieces to clean the contact. Has anyone took apart vci-300 controller? Will I lose my warranty?

Mensajes Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 3:59 pm
You spilled coffee on it.. The warranty is already Voided. Open it up and make sure you remember where the screws go. So many of them. Its easy to open if you know what your doing. You remove the screws from the sides & from the upper back and the lower back where the Usb cables conects, The RCa jacks are, master out 1/4 inch, The GND, Input/ thru. All of them in the back. Dont remove the ones in the bottom of the VCI 300. Once you remove them, just pop open... Dont open too wide because underneath is the wire harness..

Mensajes Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 11:50 pm
Should I remove platters as well? They each have 3 screws... I will try it tomorrow

Mensajes Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 6:21 pm
When you are removing the screws from the jogs.. Lift up the black plate first.. " Not the clear wheel " Remove it slowly..There is a small spring underneath and you could easily loose it. The spring is what makes the touch sensitive jog work.

1 remove screws
2 Lift up the black plate slowly
3 Carefully lift out the small spring
4 Take off the clear plastic wheel

The spring is a contact from the golden center piece going thru the clear plate (It has a small hole) and now touching the black plate. Thats the touch sensitive jog..

Assembly after you cleaned up under the jogs

1 Place the Clear plate and allign it to the screws of the golden center piece
2 Place the spring in the small hole of the clear plate
3 Place the black plate on top of the clear plate slowly.. The spring is in between.
4 Screw on the 3 & Wa La.. Adios amigos...

Mensajes Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 11:23 pm
Jogs are working, so I will not remove them unless it's necessary when removing top panel to get dirty crossfader censor cleaned.

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 4:17 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)