Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Help ! sorting problems

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hi, i was just wondering
is there a way to disable sorting of artist and song title in vdj.
i know when you click on the title and artist bars it sorts them alphabetically, is there a way i can disable that feature?

Mensajes Sun 07 Feb 10 @ 2:43 pm
Why do you need this disabled?

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 10:56 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
simplest way would be not to use it, like hippy, why do you want to disable it?

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 1:48 pm
because sometimes when i use my mouse i click it by mistake and all the songs i usually play are at the top of the list. and then they get sorted alphabetically

Mensajes Wed 17 Feb 10 @ 11:10 pm
thekev118 wrote :
because sometimes when i use my mouse i click it by mistake and all the songs i usually play are at the top of the list. and then they get sorted alphabetically

This is becasuse the default search order is by "Last Play". If you right-click on any of the column headings you should get a list of the other columns you can add to the browser, simply add the "Last Play" column and then click on that column heading to reset the list order.

You can then hide the column if it takes up too much space.

Alternatively, and this works for me, I use the Play Count column which uses very little space. It doesn't reset to last played, but any song in my folders with a playcount > 0 will float to the top and they are usually the ones I am looking for anyway...

And because Play Count takes up very little space, I can leave it visible in the browser.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 5:45 am
thekev118 wrote :

Sounds like your in need of a rating system..

myself, I use the the "comments" section and place 1 to 5 "!" exclamations depending on how "must play" the song is.

IE: "!!!!!" is a song a play a lot, and a song with "!!!" is a 'maybe'..

great thing about this, is its sortable, and with "filters" I can quickly find popular songs that work with requests and songs I'm currently playing.

Mensajes Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 10:56 am
thank you guys for the help, i appreciate it

Mensajes Sat 20 Feb 10 @ 10:42 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)