Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: use DJ Console RMX in club

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ_NjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

I don't know if somebody already talked about that topic, I search a little bit but didn't find any answers...

I have a RMX at home, I mainly use it to prepare my session. Most of the club where I mix have a serato SL1 or SL3 so I use Scratch Live even if I prefer virtual DJ, I start computer DJ as I was tired to burn hundred of CDs each month...

Last time, I played in a club which didn't have any sound card so I decided to bring my RMX but I've been very disappointed by the sound quality, it was so bad!

I tried 2 ways:

- RCA outputs 1-2, directly plug into the club main sound console (for sound quality it was really the worst)
- RCA outputs 1-2 3-4 linked with a DJM-800, it was already better but still bad.

I didn't have the right wires so I couldn't try the pro gear 1/4 jack connector...

Did anyone already try the 1/4 jack outputs in club? what about the sound quality? as those outputs are 4dbu (-10dbv for RCA)

what do they mean in the manual when they said it's unbalanced?

is there any way to improved/amplify the sound quality with the software setup?

And any news concerning the possibility to use VDJ with Serato hardware on MAC OS X???

Thank you

Mensajes Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 12:05 pm
What bit rate are your files? I use my RMX through an AA mixer with no problems.

Roy

Mensajes Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 4:33 pm
from 128 to 320, is 128 too low?

what outputs do you use to plug into your mixer? RCA or 1/4 jack?

Mensajes Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 5:37 pm
I have used various configs:

In one club I used the balanced out (1/4") bacause they had studio style mixer that had balanced inputs.

For more info on balanced cables read here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balanced_audio.

In the current club, I started out by using the 1-2 RCA's in to the clubs DJM-600 and used a spare channel on the mixer.

Now I have the RMX flight case and use it through my own mixer so simply unplug the CDJ's and DJM (well the other DJ dos this for me after his Thursday set) and I use the balanced out from my mixer straight in to their system.

All combinations have worked well for me. The only thing I have ever had to do is to adjust the gains on the mixers (not RMX) to raise the volume to match any other equipment as the RMX always seems to be that little bit lower in output volume.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 7:12 pm
Thanks a lot Roy

Mensajes Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 8:13 pm
Probably your files...

I did gigs in a club.
Main dj and me figured out our setup was better to use RCA outputs to his mixer inputs, little more sound quality.
I did play 2 nights with 1/4'' jacks. Prefer RCA

It lower DB level, which means if you forget to set gain of this coming song properly you won't blow up anything. (safe against curious clubbers)

Mensajes Tue 23 Feb 10 @ 8:35 am
I don't think it's the files, I tried again with very different files quality, same result. but I haven't receive my new cables thought...

Mensajes Tue 23 Feb 10 @ 8:24 pm
Do you have the gain on each channel on the RMX turned over half way? if so, then thats why you have such bad sound.

Mensajes Wed 24 Feb 10 @ 4:56 pm
DJ_Nj,

On DJ Console Rmx,
- the RCA outputs have -10dBv output level, as written in the user manual on page 7, which means 0.3 volt RMS
- the jack 1/4'' outputs have a +4dBu output level (1.2 volt RMS) as needed on professional gears as in clubs,
so you should not use the RCA outputs of the RMX in a club, the output level on RCA plug is much weaker than on jack 1/4" plugs.

Mensajes Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 5:27 am
It depends what you're plugging in to...

If you are slaving off another mixer then you SHOULD use the RCA's

If you're bypassing the club equipment altogether and there are a pair of XLR's flapping around the booth then yes you should be using the 1/4" jacks.

That said you will need a pair of XLR to jack converters...

Roy

Mensajes Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 5:59 am
I tried with cables of 1/4 jack to XLR, problem solved, thanks guys!

Mensajes Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 7:23 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

If you want a better sound than SSL1 or SSL3 or RMX could give you, try Echo AudioFire 4, you will get a clear and deep sounds with it. RMX and other soundcards has a poor Dinamic Range in compare with Echo Audiofire soundcards.

;-)

Mensajes Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 5:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)