Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Need help setting up the timecode cds????

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi guys wonder if anyone could help me, ive got a hercules rmx which im using with vdj pro, im trying to set up two pioneer cdjs so i can use the timecoded cds to but im having no joy!! Im also using a zone 62 allen and heath as an external mixer, could anyone help me out on this matter?? thanks

Mensajes Tue 23 Feb 10 @ 3:13 pm
I did exactly that recently and had no problem. I think it depends on your wiring.

Your use of the external mixer maybe confusing things.

Firstly make sure you are in ASIO mode.

Next plug each CDJ in to inputs 1&2 and 3&4 respectively.

Go in to Config->Sound Setup and select "Timecodes" as your Inputs.

From the drop down select the correct left/right configuration and then press the Timecode config button.

Select the relevant timecode setup from the dropdown, insert the CD in to the decks and press play.

You should see the timecode "circles" appear and if necessary you can adjust the settings.

I used the VDJ timecode MP3's you can download from here and found they were 100% accurate immediately.

If you are burning your own timecode CD's use the slowest burn speed you can.

Finally you can now work on your outputs.

If you want to use the crossfader on your external mixer. Select "External Mixer" from the Outputs drop down and connect the output 1&2 to one channel and then output 3&4 to the next channel and assign your crossfader accordingly. You can then cue and PFM from the mixer.

Alternatively select "Headphones" from Outputs and connect outputs 1&2 to a channel on the mixer. You will crossfade, cue and PFM from the RMX in this configuration.

Hope this helps,

Roy

Mensajes Tue 23 Feb 10 @ 4:07 pm
Thanks alot gadget man, ive got it set up now well sort of ha, when im pressing cue and play on the cdj the tune that is playing starts going mad and spinning how do i stop this? cheers

Mensajes Wed 24 Feb 10 @ 8:31 am
Hmmm.... Sound like it's not reading the timecode properly.

Make sure the inputs on the back of the RMX are set to "line" and not "phono" that would distort the signal and cause all sorts of grief.

If it still carries on, can you post a screen dump of your timecode setup. I mean open the timecode window, play the TCCD's and take a screenshot <ctrl><PrtScr> and upload it here. Then someone more skilled in TC than me can look at your settings.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Wed 24 Feb 10 @ 10:05 am
i use also timecode cd's in my hybride cd vinyl tables,but when i have played 20 minutes of the timecode i cant reverse or stop the songs,it dont respond to anything i do,i have to restart everything before the timecodes work again,please help me

Mensajes Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 7:26 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)