Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Port forwarding/song title broadcast info missing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been having this same problem for months now with no resolution despite scouring the internet and looking for answers. VDJ pro 6.0.5, registered user, broadcasting live to shoutcast server: broadcasting music is fine, but for listeners, the artist/song title information is not available and does not change with each consecutive song.

I've made sure all tracks in database have been scanned, all of them have appropriate ID3 tag info, read ID3 tag info is enabled in the config section, registry settings are correct (i.e. "Broadcast Show Title = 1"). I've tried downloading the latest lame_enc.dll as well as pointing VirtualDJ to use a known, working copy of lame_enc.dll.

I also use SAM broadcaster and when using that software program to stream the exact same music files to the exact same server, the song title/artist info is displayed correctly for listeners.

Two questions I have in looking for a possible answer:

Could this issue be some kind of compatibility issue with VDJ and my soundcard (Creative SB X-Fi)?

I don't think port forwarding needs to be enabled since the song title/artist info is correctly broadcast with SAM, but is there a possibility that I need to use port forwarding to broadcast this information with VDJ?

Thanks in advance for any input/suggestions.

Mensajes Wed 24 Feb 10 @ 8:57 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hi,

we on Radio stream every day the hole informations to the server, direct from the soft.
I have only one time a problem also without send the TAGs.

After some testing, i deinstall my Antivirus/Firewall Soft and connect to the Server.
Then the informations arrives and the listeners where able to see them.

After that i only install the Antivirus/Firewall Soft again and since then, it works again.

Just an idea!
Haui

Mensajes Wed 24 Feb 10 @ 10:18 am
Haui70 wrote :
Hi,

we on Radio stream every day the hole informations to the server, direct from the soft.
I have only one time a problem also without send the TAGs.

After some testing, i deinstall my Antivirus/Firewall Soft and connect to the Server.
Then the informations arrives and the listeners where able to see them.

After that i only install the Antivirus/Firewall Soft again and since then, it works again.

Just an idea!
Haui

Thanks for the idea and the response. I will certainly give it a try.

I have my doubts, however, that the problem is due to a firewall issue simply because SAM is capable of sending the TAG information. If it was a firewall issue, I would think that it wouldn't matter which application was sending the data...the data would be blocked regardless.

I will try uninstalling the AV/firewall software, though. At this point, I'm willing to try anything! :-)

Mensajes Wed 24 Feb 10 @ 10:24 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)