Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Trial Run a Success!...have a few questions??

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

PMDJ JTHome userMember since 2010
I ran the trial this weekend and loved it! Actually ran it for two gigs without even the slightest hick-up. Three questions arose out of my test run. The most important being sound quality. I entered a post already in progress about that.

The other two are related to settings. Can you save a loop (meaning it stays with track so that every time you load that track you can re-call a loop) and if so how??

The last is about cueing. There is a slight gap before the audio is heard. Not a delay but a split second of dead air which is enough to throw you off when mixing. I’ll do me best to describe… when a track is loaded, the white marker line on the platter (pro skin) points to 9 o’clock and the elapsed time reads 00:00.0 . When you push play it starts instantly but the first beat of the song doesn’t start until the marker line gets to say somewhere between 10 & 12 o’clock or an elapsed time of 00:00.3. Is there a setting that cues to the first “audible” sound so you’ll have a true instant start?? I tried auto cue but that goes to the first real down beat which for some tracks works beautifully. For others it goes way too far. Case in point BEP’s I Gotta Feeling cues almost a minute in when using auto cue. Thanks in advance!!

Mensajes Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 10:02 am
try moving song till you hit first beat on the dot then press cue.that song now has that cue point sent in vdjs memory and will start there whenever you load song

Mensajes Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 2:38 pm
I dont think DVJ saves loops, well I actually never tried it myself since I save my loops as cue points. I set my cue where I want to my loop to start then I edit the loop text to something like "start 4 bar loop" that way I know o start a 4 bar loop at that cue point.

Mensajes Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 2:52 pm
I think a loop can be saved as a sample ..... however smart loop makes perfect loops on the fly every time so I don't see the need to save them.

Keith

Mensajes Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 3:19 pm
Thanks for the tips so far...keep em coming! The loop thing I agree is more of a convenience then a necessity. The program does a great job both on the fly and using its ability to automatically create them. The big one for me is the cue / instant start. As djstaffy mentioned, manually adding a cue for the beginning of each track is a possible solution but potentially very time consuming considering the number of tracks.

Is there a way to set some kind of command or string that could be assigned to a specific button with a parameter defining a db level or how far in to go? For example in my old dinosaur PCDJ Red 5.2 it would detect the first audible sound and start from there. That might be at the very beginning or 3 seconds in. No two tracks were the same. When you pushed play it was spot on. I know many of you are fantastic mixers so how do you achieve an instant start?? If setting a start cue for every single track is the way then great. Just looking for as many suggestions or ideas as possible…thanks to djstaffy for offering one!

Mensajes Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 4:16 pm
Try setting auto cue as "enabled" rather than "always"

Although I'm on the Mac version just now I find that "always" is too far in to the song but "enabled" generally cues to the first beat.

Once you have set a cue it will be remembered for the next time.

Keith

Mensajes Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 5:10 pm
Keith...I have played around with just about every mode of auto cue and it just doesn't provide consistant results. On some tracks it works great while others are a mess by going way to far looking for that first noticable beat rather than the first audible sound. Even played around with the goto_first_beat. Same results...very inconsistant.

Mensajes Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 9:58 pm
Don't bother trtying to set a cue for EVERY track - as this will be very time consuming as you say.

Queue points are always saved in the databaseso I simply place the cue on first play. That way I only ever cue tracks I play and not the ones I don't.

You can also have multiple cue points per track. As well as being able to jump to them for some very creative remixing, I also use them as visual markers for cue points, and if you are looping from the get-go you can jump directly to the cue point, set your loop up and be ready to go.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 10:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)