Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Tema: Looking for legal video pool......... - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm starting to get into video mixing does anyone have and recommendations for any legal video pools.......

Mensajes Tue 22 Jun 10 @ 6:42 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Check out: www.smashvidz.com

Mensajes Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 7:19 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Video pools aren't legal.

Your options are to use the original licensed tracks using sources such as Promo Only, Screenplay TM Century and others that include the storyline dance floor stopping breaks without intros and outros we need for mixing, or you adopt a don't ask, don't tell philosophy and do what you feel you need to in order to do your job the best you can.

If you are an automix dj working off playlists, the first option will work.
If you beatmix your tracks and want seamless transitions, the later one is the best option.
Just keep it on the downlow with smaller venues and parties and nobody is going to bother you.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jun 10 @ 6:56 am
mp3jrick,

Thanks for your help I'll stick with the promo only service to keep it legal.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jun 10 @ 7:31 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Nobody knows the ins and outs of every pool, most of them are illegal sources, that's why they describe themselves as services to people who should already have the source, whilst this makes sense they are no more legal for recognising this.

There are two pools that I know of who work with record labels:

Smashvidz (US only at present)
Xtendamix (Canada only at present)

Both of these sites are serviced by the labels, and have their own agreements/set of rules to abide by, one may get a video that the other can not and visa versa.

Again, just because two sites are serviced by labels doesn't mean they are perfectly legal in all they do, it's not possible to see if they pay their taxes and royalties in accordance with local laws. Many of the companies who issue discs over completely digital services have run into trouble with the labels, sometimes having to withdraw videos/discs, losing their support or having to pay out fines. If you look at the promo only contract I believe they have the right to recall all of your bought discs, they are never really "yours".

One has to make their own judgement in regards to how legal a pool may or may not be, and the possible implications of getting it wrong.

Mensajes Fri 25 Jun 10 @ 10:58 am
A great site to use is
videotoolz.com

Mensajes Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 1:57 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
djkidsupreme wrote :
A great site to use is
videotoolz.com

Which is http://www.8thwondercdpool.com/app/home.php

What I find odd and posted on the ssl site regarding is that NONE of them provide a legal certification of license which with all of the legal threats that some of them make would seem a bit contradictory imo.
Promo Only has made themselves FAMOUS for nay saying other music providers suggesting they are not legal sources, but I've never seen their license for distribution either, PARTICULARLY when it is regarding video.

It's a situation that has spun way out of control with no way of recovery imo.

Mensajes Mon 05 Jul 10 @ 9:30 am

Mensajes Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 10:20 am
I'm starting to get into video mixing does anyone have and recommendations for any legal video pools.......

Try www.12inchvideo.com they have a decent collection

Mensajes Thu 22 Jul 10 @ 4:23 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
we get the idea freezzle!

Mensajes Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 7:21 am
"Try www.12inchvideo.com they have a decent collection'

That is the answer to every question, isn't it?

Mensajes Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 8:45 am
12inchvideo.com was the "awesome" I just recently transitioned into video DJ (poorly) spent the whole day downloading logo-less quality MP4's. My only gripe is their lack of Latin music.... Im looking for some Wisin Yandel/Daddy Yankee/Rakim Y & cumbia classics(anyone know where to find these?

Mensajes Fri 06 Aug 10 @ 3:10 am
daohnPRO InfinityMember since 2008
dtvideos.com

Mensajes Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 7:25 pm
I.M.O my12inch.com is just expensive for no reason. Further their extended versions are usually remixed entirely with some kind of hype intro. I prefer to stick to the original tune as much as possible where the extended intro is concerned.
While I cannot speak for legitimacy (8th wonder) videotoolz.com is a pool that no one should be without. It's like ground zero for video downloads. I also use djmixzone from time to time, promoonly.com, strictlyhits.com. My personal Canadian favorite xtendamix.com permits users to request videos not on the data base. They do a hell of a job delivering but I am not sure if they sell to clients state side...try your luck.

Mensajes Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 1:43 am
i tunes and promo only, looking into 12inchvideo but doubtful

Mensajes Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 11:40 pm
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of a music video pool service that has a goo deal of country music. i use 3 different music video pools for my music videos and i am considering another subscription. Most parties I'm at pop and hiphop are just fine but some house parties I dj sometimes people want to see a country video?

Mensajes Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 7:44 pm
atlvideoguy wrote :
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of a music video pool service that has a goo deal of country music. i use 3 different music video pools for my music videos and i am considering another subscription. Most parties I'm at pop and hiphop are just fine but some house parties I dj sometimes people want to see a country video?

8thwonder posts a fair set of country every week usually by Dj Cutt. He does re-drums and mash-ups of alot of country, I find it's not bad. I don't ever get into playing it but the mixes are usually quite snappy - a good change from the boring radio versions. He's also on strictly hits, so check him out if you want, he might be just the editor you are looking for.

Mensajes Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 12:44 pm
Thanks Ianshark

I currently use 8th world wonder, Virtual remixes(dj Larry D), and Dj Video Source. I've noticed that Alot of stuff is the same but then again their are alot of different mixes. I'm considering my12inch.com to see what ifferent mixes and mash ups they have.

Mensajes Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 2:03 pm
Al RudyPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Top Hots usa doesn't have alot of remix's I've been using them for years and they work good for me. $25 bucks a month for vids only!

Mensajes Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 10:37 pm
I currently use www.12inchvideo.com.

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 12:30 am
61%