Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: How what and why ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

First of all i would like to say hi to every one . IM 17 years old , I listen to rap on daily bases . ( not english rap so dont worry ;) ) Few days ago i started listeing to some dnb and ya know some mixes then :) . I downloaded the trial vdj and this is where i will need your help ... What music should i mix what type of techno , im currenlty in a possition where i cant get normal dj equipment so this will have to do me for now : D (vdj )
WHat songs should i pick to mix first , what kind do they have to be , any special artists ?

Also i really would like to hear some of your stories , when have you started djing ? how ? where was your first gig ? how did you go about getting this attept for a gig . Please share your stories and answer my question .

Thank you in advance , and all the best .

Mensajes Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 3:37 pm
newer house tracks are best when first beginning. bpm's are usually close and beats are dead on so you get no drift while mixing.
you can find house style remixes of most popular tracks.

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 10:11 am
Cool thanks for the reply , can you fill me in how much a beginner dj set costs ?

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 11:03 am
check the wiki, lots of good info on everything DJ. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/index.html

Hercules makes some nice controllers that come bundled with VDJ LE, which means the software only works with that model controller.
As does Numark and American Audio. I just purchased the Numark MixTrack Pro, for only $250 it's a bargain for sure. This unit also comes bundled with a LE version of VDJ. You can upgrade to VDJ Pro at a discount later on if you like.
http://www.numark.com/mixtrackpro

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 12:21 pm
Here is a start , i watched the video and it seems preety awsome . Even for house parties ... Would i really be able to use real dj equipment after using this little machine ? How much would i have to pay for all of the equipment ? i got told today that a dj console can cost up to 70 thousand grand (euro ) woudl that be true ?

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 1:14 pm
Depends on what you plan to do;

Clubs will have all the sound equipment so you could spend your money on CDJ's or turntables or a high-end controller.

If you are going to do mobile gigs such as weddings, holiday parties and the like then you will need to purchase sound gear as well so you may have to spend less on the controller, CDJ's or TT's.

If you are doing house parties then you can get by with smaller sound system and also maybe a smaller controller. Some house parties I've done I've actually plugged my controller into the stereo system of the home owner.

I've purchased my sound gear used on ebay and craigslist which has saved me quite a few dollars. Only things I've purchased new are my controllers, cables and laptop stand. I've got a pretty nice rig and I've spent less than $3000.00 U.S. Oh and I purchased the Pro version of VDJ, that was by far the best investment.

You can rent sound and lighting equipment until you can afford to buy, but that is pricey sometimes.

Also building things yourself can help save you some cash as well.

As for the feel of my MixTrack Pro; other than the case being plastic it is very professional feeling. (knobs, sliders, dials)

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 1:45 pm
I recently noticed that tap changes the deck in vdj , can you please tell me how to use this correctly ?

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 4:16 pm
using tab will toggle between deck 1 and deck 2, the active deck will respond to subsequent key commands such as loops, effects, play and stop. Depending on how your sound is configured it can select which deck you preview in your headphones. Tab is very usefull for DJ using only a keyboard and mouse.

Mensajes Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 9:48 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)