Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Beat match and Drop

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

im a blender, i beatmatch and blend in a hot spot or a cue point and fade it in to the playing song, but im thinking bout changing it a little to the beatmatch and drop, tell me what are your pro's cons' tips and tricks.. i been checkin out a lot of club dj;s who do this and it sounds like something im interested in learning.

Mensajes Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 9:17 am
IMO mixing by blending - where you create a new harmony - is the hardest form of DJing when done properly - you can't tell where the mix starts or ends and you create a mini track all of your own - f***ing awesome. If you are good at blending then DON'T stop mixing this way.
I personally don't like the beat match and drop approach, maybe because growing up in the 90's going to raves like Elevation, World Dance, Telepathy, Fantazia, Helter Skelter etc all the TOP DJ's were blend mixing.
The beatmatch and drop works for speed garage etc but to me is the easiest and simplest way to mix. I could teach a Chimp to beatmatch and drop in 15 mins because IMO it takes no imagination or skill. NO offence intended if you mix this way but I just don't like it.

Mensajes Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 11:02 am
mistah_p wrote :
im a blender, i beatmatch and blend in a hot spot or a cue point and fade it in to the playing song, but im thinking bout changing it a little to the beatmatch and drop, tell me what are your pro's cons' tips and tricks.. i been checkin out a lot of club dj;s who do this and it sounds like something im interested in learning.

well i personally like to mix (blend)... they way i see it blending does demand more skills technique that is.... cause you have to make adjustments on the fly and such also it allows for mroe creative mixes such as using the Eqs and a bunch of other ways to mix it in.... also as a rule of thumb at leas for me blending works best with electronic musis house techno trance.... and dropping/cutting works best for hip hop and urban music...

anyhow the cons of just dropping songs in

1- gets boring really fast
2- not very creative
3- very generic
4- and of course yoru mixes become predictable

now the pros of dropping songs in

1 they get you out of hard to blend songs
2. when you combine them with blending it give syour mixes variety and it makes them more energetic
3 its easy to do
4 dropping songs in sounds hot if you don't do it for every single song you plan and playig....

inconclusion you should make use of both ways you shoudl blend and drop songs in into your mix to change it up and always keep the people impress by the way you mix your songs in. also it is my believe that when you make use of all the wyas to mix in a song yoru sets sound much better and more interesting

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 12:55 am
The only time I drop is when doing mash-ups and dirty dutch. I try not to do it often, just as needed.

Mensajes Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 2:11 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)