Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: American Audio VMS4 Mapper FULL v.2.0 - Page: 4

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
also in the mapping part there is 2 vms4 selections, im guessing 1 is the mapper that came with it and the other is this mapper but both have the same effect

Mensajes Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 8:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
getafix, make sure that you set the VMS4 to 8out from the front panel Switcher.
Also make sure you have ALL the Midilogs switchers to USB.

Mensajes Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 8:47 pm
getafix wrote :
also in the mapping part there is 2 vms4 selections, im guessing 1 is the mapper that came with it and the other is this mapper but both have the same effect

Download the Registry Tool
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html

Run the Tool and change the DisableBuiltinDevices from 0 to 1.
Make sure VirtualDJ is not running when you run the Tool.

Mensajes Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 8:55 pm
thanks djdad, iv got it sortied out now. it endied being the asio was set wrong....
so i finaly went back to the manual and set it to how it was in there. its great to have all 4 decks working.

now the only problem is that none of the sound is being recordied and im guessing that it wont be broadcast when im on the radio.
i really need the sound output and the microphone output working as i do a regular set on the internet radio.

i did try following the recording with vms4 configuration from the link you postied:
http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/djdad/blogs/4316/VMS4_Setup_Guide.html

but found that the decks no longer respond when i press play, and the vdj fails to respond when i try to go into the advanced config
also at the bottom of the diagram it says to connect both the rca booth and the midlog line on the back ????
my master output goes direct to my amped speakers at the moment so what do i send the booth to and what midlog line ???? and where is it ment to be connectied to??
i tried it on 8 out so could this be the problem, and with this configuration will this still alow me to use all 4 decks???

it is really important to me to be able to broadcast and to have a working mic when on the radio as this is my only use of vdj,
it would be a shame if this is not possible and i had to return to useing my old bcd3000 not to mention the wastied money

thanks for all your help

Mensajes Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 2:52 am
VMS4 is an analogue mixer, so in case you want to record, broadcast or connect cdplayers you will have to work with less decks.
Meaning that you will work with 2 decks, plus 3rd deck for recording
So connect the BOOTH with linein on the first chanel of your VMS4 (the right one viewing from behind). You also have to set your VMS4 to 4out mode and CH1 to analogue.
The sound setup is in the above link.

In case you need all 4 decks, you can route the BOOTH to a linein of a different sound card such as the laptop internal sound card.

Mensajes Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 9:22 am
thanks for your help....

for the moment im going to try the routing the booth back into the pc with the line in and broadcast that way, im guessing i will have to use winamp or something like that to do the shoutcast broadcasting ???

am i right in thinking then its possible to have 3 decks working and use the fourth deck to record or broadcast???

thanks again

Mensajes Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 7:49 am
would just like to add that iv startied to youse your skin for the vms4 and iv found it absolute class, apart from the track selection from folders that is a little bit small. the rest of it has been really easy to youse and seems to be perfectly laid out.

many thanks for all your hard work with the mapping and the skin, if it wasnt for your work the vsm4 would be totaly useless for me to use
cheers m8

Mensajes Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 1:32 am
There willl be a minimal VMS4 skin soon, with less buttons and more browser.

Mensajes Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 8:37 am
iv not had much time to get to use the mapper fully yet but this is just a small observation....
the control knob for effects changes the filter on that deck. i think that it might be a bit better to use the volume on sample knob for this as i raley use the samler and would like more control on the effect. especial useing the cut effect. im useing the 1280x800 skin now as the track selection is bigger.
still at totaly great skin and mapper, ill be sticking to the 4 deck settig a skin in future as its so user friendly

Mensajes Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 12:34 pm
Well here is my theory..
I assigned Filter there, since it's more like an effect to me. FX sliders (parametrs) are now controlled by toucsliders, so this knob was empty.

Mensajes Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 2:55 pm
djdad wrote :
Well here is my theory..
I assigned Filter there, since it's more like an effect to me. FX sliders (parametrs) are now controlled by toucsliders, so this knob was empty.

thats brilliant, i thought it was ment to be impossible to mapp the touchsliders to vdj. this makes perfect sence now..
thanks thats class!!

Mensajes Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 8:17 pm
Hey DJDad, thanks again for all the great work!

1. When I synch one song to another, I generally want it to synch to the nearest measure (according to the CBG grid) rather than simply to the nearest beat. This seems something fundamental. Do you think you may want to map it to something on the VMS4? I would think so.

2. The Shift-Pitch-Bend doesn't seem to be working properly for me, & I found a fix you should implement. This is key because, as you know, often when you synch songs it synchs the bpms but the beats don't align perfectly right, & so you use the pitch bend to manually align then.
If I delete your mapping for the Mappers folder and thus use the default mapping, if I press the -/+ Pitch Bend buttons, it'll adjust the CBG of that song relative to the other by a tiny bit, as do your single-triangle buttons at the top of your skin. The mapper command for S_PITCHBEND- (in the default mapper) is pitch_bend -2% 500ms. That works fine. However, even in that default mapping, the Shift-Pitch-Bend, for which the command is pitch_bend -1% 300ms (which is what's in your mapper) does not work for me. It just doesn't do anything.
In your mapper, you have defined both SHIFT_PITCHBEND- and S_PITCHBEND-. For the former you have command "var_equal 'shift' 1 ? pitch_bend -2% : pitch_range -1". For the latter you have pitch_bend -1% 300ms.
With your mapper, if press Shift-Pitchbend, on the skin the +/- number above the + and - buttons above where you skin says "PITCH BEND" change, but the CBG doesn't change at all, & neither does the BPM.
However, if I change the SHIFT_PITCHBEND- mapping to the pitch_bend -1% 300ms, then it works fine.
So I would suggest that you change the command associated with "SHIFT_PITCHBEND" to be the one you currently associate with "S_PITCHBEND". Then you'll be able to make tiny changed to the CBG when the synch button doesn't line up the beats.
Thanks,
- Harpaul

PS: What combinations of buttons on the VMS4 does the "S_PITCHBEND" name refer to, given that pressing shift & pitchbend is called "SHIFT_PITCHBEND". I must be overlooking something basic, but I can't figure it out. Thanks!

Mensajes Sat 29 Jan 11 @ 10:22 pm
cguildPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Man thanks for this! I was having all sorts of sound problems with this thing, and now it works as advertised!!!!!

Is that skin you mentioned finished yet? I'd like to see it as the others I've used aren't my idea of friendly.

Mensajes Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 6:02 am
Toxic-VPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey.. DJDAD..
I have downloaded & Intalled both the VMS4 Mapper & Skin for my pc .. & everything runs great.. How ever I just purchased a Mac Book Pro.. & I wanted to know if I have to spend another 150$ to get VDJ pro installed on the mac? & is there a 4 channel mapper & skin also available for Apple??
Thanks
Toxic-V

Mensajes Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 5:14 pm

Mensajes Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 9:15 pm
Hello, Dj Dad, I am a user who bought the Italian vms4 and I followed your forum to set it at its best, but I can not move from deck 1 to 3 and 2 to 4 with the pitch bend I put your full pro mapper but when I press the button on the pitch does not give me no effect to work decks with 3:04 must click with the mouse on the play deck by the software and that's not good, how can I do to be able to use 4 decks directly from vms4 ? thanks ....!

Mensajes Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 1:21 am
In the config menu, Mapper Tab, when you click the drop down menu, do you see 1 or 2 VMS4 ?

Mensajes Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 3:12 pm
i see 2 vms4, I set that gives me the 4 controller from the deck but I can not do the swap from 1 to 3 and 2 to 4 by pressing the pitch bend and I have to do it with the mouse software, I have to do some special setting?

Mensajes Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 4:22 pm
a question, you can configure the touch strip for swapping the deck? if so, how?

Mensajes Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 3:28 am
Hey guys, I have an issue previewing my decks in my headphones. I can only hear anything in my headphones when the crossfader is flipped to one side and vice versa. Its not allowing me to preview the song from deck 2 while deck on is playing...If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it, thanks

Mensajes Tue 01 Mar 11 @ 8:29 pm
45%