Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: What Am I Doing Wrong?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Okay .. I go to record. I click broadcast. I go to configure and it says that I'm broadcasting from my own computer (is that right?). Then, I 'start' the broadcast and and I go to one of my friends and tell them to open Windows Media Player and go to file. Then, go to 'Open URL' and type in "http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8000/virtualdj.ogg" for them to get my broadcast. The x's represent my IP address. They type it in and then, they say it can't open the file. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Or is it them?

WHAT SHOULD BE HIGHLIGHTED AND CHECKED AND TYPED IN UNDER BOTH CONFIGURATIONS?

thank you.

Dj_Ab_FaCtOr

Mensajes Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 5:50 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
are you behind a firewall? or have port 8000 blocked? i have used shoutcast and for whatever reason i can't for the life of me broadcast from Xp, it was fine before i upgraded, i was using win98 before. just to make it easier since itried just about everthing in the book(firewall off and no router), i just took the output on my mixer and fed that to the soundcard on my other pc running 98, works perfect from there, pain but works. check your ports and firewall.....i'm not sure exactly how VDJ broadcast but it has to the same as shoutcast.

Mensajes Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 8:17 pm
Well .. is anyone for sure that the firewall is the problem? Or is it something I'm doing?

.))-._Dj Ab FaCtOr

Mensajes Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 11:35 pm
[Link removed]

Mensajes Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 5:47 am
Check out www.listen2myradio.com

Mensajes Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 9:47 am
Please do not post a link to your broadcast stream in a technical troubleshooting post that's over 7 years old.

If you would like to ask users to provide feedback on your mixing, please create a new post in the music discussion forum: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/16/Music_discussion.html

Mensajes Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 10:13 am
man, I gotta start looking at all the dates. lol

Mensajes Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 10:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)