Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: New user here, auto BPM totally wrong....

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey everyone, im new here, so go easy on me if i ask some silly questions, im still learning.

I usually mix Uk Hardcore and the earlier happy hardcore using VDJ which is totally fine, (for those that want to have a listen, heres my soundcloud... http://soundcloud.com/clarkey1984 ) it works just as it should, i really cannot fault it, but the problems began when i decided to attempt an 'old skool' set earlier.

Old skool generally runs at about 130-135 bpm but for some reason VDJ will wrongly detect a track that is at about 130 bpm to be at about 160 - 170 bpm, and therefore anything i attempt to mix into it will be matched to that wrongly calculated BPM, so i get a track running anywhere between 25% and 30% too fast.

Here are 2 tracks that have been 'matched' and as i have these 2 tracks on vinyl, i know that they are recorded at pretty much exactly the same BPM, put both decks on 45rpm, set the pitch to the same place on both turntables and your pretty much there, but look where VDJ decides the pitch sliders should be, miles out!

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac9/clarkey1984/milesout.jpg

So, is this just me, is my VDJ broken, is the BPM calculator just whack if i want to mix anything other than flat 4/4 stuff (old skool is kinda breakbeaty) or am i doing something wrong, as changing the BPM engine setting from techno/house to other music in the config hasnt made any difference to it, its still wrong.

Many thanks in advance, and sorry again if its a silly question.

Mensajes Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 11:17 am
Clarkey I know exactly what you mean. I too mix the oldschool hardcore/darkside/happy hardcore stuff from 1990-1996 and I find that nearly all of the 1990-1993 hardcore tracks are matched wrongly. Best thing to do is ignore the BPM display and do it old school - by ear. Just like being 16 again in my bedroom with the old Soundlab DLP3's!!!

Mensajes Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 12:56 pm
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi Clarky...
If im not mistaken then you can get VDJ to re-analyse the tune or even scrub the VDJ set BPM and readjust it manually by Right clicking on the tune and selecting BPM/manual edit...

That should do it daddy-o...
Hope that helps some

Good luck

Seana
XXX

Mensajes Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 5:08 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)