Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: first mix

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Mensajes Sat 05 Feb 11 @ 7:33 pm
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
glad there's another Steppa here on the forum... I'll give ya mix a listen and get back to you...

DUBSTEP RULEZ!!!!

Seana

XXX

Mensajes Sun 06 Feb 11 @ 5:27 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
lol, trust it to be seana who comments first on a dubstep thread.

Mensajes Mon 07 Feb 11 @ 11:48 am
HA!!! I BEAT YOU BLULITE!!!!

hi ya babes... I'm sorry its taken a while but i gave it a listen and i thought it was pretty groovy...

I loved the first track... absolute killer tune... great choice for an opener...

...nice blend into the Vocal tune and nice positive Mix into the song when it started...

...was it the tune, or you layering the vocals onto each other?... if it was you, its a difficult thing to pull off as it sounds pretty messy...

... i liked the Flange at 5.16... nicely filled the \"break\"...

...Excelent transition at 6.43 with a nice low echo ov the previous tunes vocal... well done there babes... proper pro-mixin!!! I\'d have liked more ov that tune personally but nice gentle blend into the next vocal tune...

...nice happy dubstep at 10.05... Cartoon like...

...but the tune comming in at 11.06 doesnt quite go with it... Too different or maybe the wrong key? Nice tune though.

...Same issue as before at 12.25... too many vocals going on at the same time...

...and it finished a bit ubruptly... (but im sure you knew that...(sorry for stating the bloody obvious...!))

All in all... nice mix... i LOVED the first track and the lightStep tune at 11.06, however i found the vocal layering thing a bit messy sounding, maybe it would be better to bring the vocal ov the next tune into the middle ov the preceding one and then take it out again and start the new tune from the end ov the vocal intro... (If that description makes sence!!!)

I might be a bit biasd as i\'m not so much into vocal tunes anyway, so someone else may disagree with me (...Bluelite?)

I\'ve satrted \"following you\" on soundcloud so i\'ll see when you post a new mix up and if you want me to comment i\'m happy to babes.

Oh by the way... i mean all my comments to be ov the \"positive feedback\" type so please dont take owt i say in the wrong way.

Ok, hope to hear from you soon

practice, practice, practice!!!

Seana

XXX

p.s... BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME BLULITE!!!
XXX

Mensajes Mon 07 Feb 11 @ 6:03 pm
thank you so much for the comments! i've sent it out to a bunch of friends and all i get is, "yea its good bro" lol. I needed the critizism. Yea this mix was just me messing around mostly, trying to see what works well together. It was originally going to go on youtube which is why it cut out so short. I have other songs that belong to that mix but I had to cut them out for time sake. I'll hopefully have another mix up next week or the week after.
thank you again :)

Mensajes Mon 07 Feb 11 @ 9:02 pm
in my view, a good implementation of vocals in any set is a good thing. there are a lot of people who would be bored to death after a few tracks of just choonage. in my personal opinion i would have to disagree with seana on that level. some people just arent that hardcore.

when people can relate to a track by knowing the vocals it makes the experience a whole lot better. after all if you dj a club and only cater for your own personal taste then chances are your dancefloor wont circulate as well as it could.

an entire set/night of just banging beats isnt everyones cup of tea and tends to attract drug fuelled dick heads that just want to hop around and start fights.

a well balanced set will attract a lot of attention from a variety of people and give you a lot more recognition.

Mensajes Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 3:33 pm
I'm still adding to it, right now it's up to almost 45 min. of mixing, so hopefully I can hit an hour and then i'll have another soundclip up...but i'm running out of songs lol time to get some more!

Mensajes Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 12:43 pm
I'M HARDCORE!!!! THANX BLULITE... I DO TRY....
.......OR AM I A DRUG FUELED DICK HEAD!!!

I'll settle for the first one please... I love renentless beatz and no vocals but i do take your point Blu'y.

Spose im just so used to those grimy Spiral Tribe type All nighters... BANGING BEATS and not a Gurly vocal in sight!!!

Seana
XXX

Mensajes Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 2:36 pm
lol

so seana, your into all night hardcore banging?

lmao

but yup some people just aint into that. i like banging beats dont get me wrong and ive had many all nighters filled with nothing but phat bass and banging drums. 10pm till 6am mental missions that always end evantually al 11am in the morning by the time you get home.

then wake up 3 days later still only half normal lol.

but those events tend to be fixed genre. if you plan to do fixed genre work then you can pretty much do what you like. but if you plan to do varied gigs then always use varied tracks.

Mensajes Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 4:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)