Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Who and What is this?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

AircoolPRO InfinityMember since 2011
To cut a long story short, I know bugger all about dance music since about 1995 and I've been buying random mix albums to see what's what and what's not.

One of the CD's I randomly threw into my digital basket was...

...Ibiza 2011 - Ultimate Clubland Dance Trance and Ultra Electronic Anthems; a mouthful if ever I've seen one.

Anyway, there's a few tracks which I really like. However, I can't seem to find out much about the artists, genre or anything else that sounds similar. Can anyone here help me out please?

These are said tracks - no links sadly 'cos I can't find any (being a noob etc...)

Electro House Theory - Hurricane Tony
6 Speed - Luke Da Loop
Get Ready For The Brainstorm - Bazooka Joe

Hopefully someone can nail down the genre and similar artists - Cheers :-))

Mensajes Sun 15 May 11 @ 4:59 am
the only track I could find was "Get Ready For The Brainstorm - Bazooka Joe" this type of music "if you can call it that" is Happy Hardcore. Similar styles are

jungle/rave - Drum n bass, same bpm but a broken beat and all around wicked
Hardcore - same speed with a 4/4 beat but not so happy
Hard House - a little slower at around 150 BPM
Grindcore Techno - If your psychotic and don't appreciate music and just want to hear crunchy drums with the occasional scream belted out at 200bpm

I detest this crap so I don't know any producers apart from the warp brothers but they are pretty much cheesy hard house, but for jungle dnb, check out dom & roland, dj zinc, dj ink, dillinger to see if you like that sound

Mensajes Sun 15 May 11 @ 7:23 am
synthet1c wrote :
I detest this crap so I don't know any producers apart from the warp brothers but they are pretty much cheesy hard house, but for jungle dnb, check out dom & roland, dj zinc, dj ink, dillinger to see if you like that sound

Heheh. Horses 'n' courses 'n' all that.

I kinda figured that seeing as though I've taken up DJ'ing as a hobby (ie, play for mates parties and that's about it), I thought I'd better familarise myself with some modern EDM. My background is pretty diverse (rock/goth/blues/rockabilly/alternative/industrial/country to name just a few)...

...What's your style, I'm always interested in what other people listen to, you never know what you might find.

Cheers anyway ;-)

[edit] Just checked out some 'happy hardcore' offerings on Amazon... I don't think it's my kind of thing... way too fast, especially at my age ><

Mensajes Sun 15 May 11 @ 10:07 am
I like mainly Drum n Bass, dubstep, breaks... check out
Chase and Status - everything these guys make is gold! EVERYTHING!
Sub Focus
Camo & Krooked
Pendulum
DJ Fresh
High Contrast
Logistics
Spor,

If you like rock with a bangin dance beat (psytrance) check out Infected Mushroom, "the supervisor" is my favorite album of theirs

Mensajes Sun 15 May 11 @ 4:18 pm
Cheers mate... some interesting stuff there :-))

Mensajes Sun 15 May 11 @ 6:16 pm
I've heard of Bazooka Joe,got it in a compiliation but all those Cd's & records are in storage these days.anyways you can find anything on youtube...really...then use the youtube downloader from Avs & DvdVideosoft in the "Free Studio" pack..and you're set!

Mensajes Fri 20 May 11 @ 5:15 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)