Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Denon dn-mc6000 "how to" scratching

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey just picked up the DN-MC6000 from Denon and love it. I've been Djing for a couple years and usually
play to 40's and hip-hop dance music. I'm familiar with beat matching and syncing music to keep a clean
transition between songs, but haven't the slightest idea of how to scratch. I attended the DJ expo in
Atlantic City a couple of days ago and no one seemed interested in helping. Just looking for some good
tutorials, what settings to use, and if anyone is in the Pittsburgh area towards Greensburg and would want
help or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Again to some up, not looking to be a pro overnight, just looking for some help in beginner to intermediate
"scratching" to improve the entertainment value for myself and customers!

Mensajes Fri 12 Aug 11 @ 3:57 am
While it's possible to scratch on controllers, they are not the best tools to learn on. IMO (and because I am in the process of learning also) I'd suggest to get some used TTs if you really want to learn any scratch techniques and then try to apply them to your controller.

There are also many video tutorials that can be found on youtube and google as well.

Mensajes Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 7:51 am
I\'ve been D.J.\'ing for the better part of 20 plus years, and the only way you can lean how to SCRATCH, is through the use TURNTABLES, hand\'s down. Now this doesn\'t mean, go run out and buy some TECHNICS 1210 M5G\'s, but I do strongly recommend you get a set of USED 1200\'s, and there are thousand\'s of them out there for real cheap (300.00-400.00) from Guitar Center or eBay. Also you might want to consider becoming a member DJ Q-Bert\'s \"Scratch University\", because the tutorials and videos, are a clear and definitive way of learning the basic\'s to advanced, and you will get to interact with other students and Q-Bert himself, and get righteous feedback that will elevate your skill level. The final key to becoming a crowd rocking SCRATCH DJ, is PRACTICE-PRACTICE-PRACTICE.... Hope this helps bro!

Regards,
DJ Johnny G
San Francisco,CA

Mensajes Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 1:16 pm

Mensajes Sat 03 Dec 11 @ 10:23 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)