Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Headphone cueing with Numark M6.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been mixing with VDJ Pro for a while now and I still can't seem to find any solution to this on the internet or figure it out myself.

I have a numark M6 Mixer controlling each deck on VDJ. One channel is a straight USB connection and the other is just line connection going into a small external USB soundcard. My master output is 2 XLR balanced cables going into each Rokit 8 monitor.

I want to set up headphones so that I can hear the deck that isn't actually playing before I start it to play. (Cueing.)

There is a input on the mixer for headphones specifically for cueing and each deck has a little cue button which I assumed when you would have headphones plugged into the mixer and press the cue button then it would mute that deck and play it into your headphones so that you could preview the track.

So I tried plugging in my headphones to the mixer and starting a mix, I tried to press the cue button on the second deck that wasnt playing and start a track on that deck thinking it'd go into my headphones but it just played like regular our of the speakers, having the headphones plugged in and pressing the cue button seemed to have no effect.

Does anybody know how I can set up my headphones in the mixer so that I can preview by pressing the cue button on the mixer?

Mensajes Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 3:43 pm
I've experienced the problem with connecting the mixer with my headphones in vdj also. My solution was to use the headphone input on my soundcard (hercules dj trim). Wish there was another solution because a DJ needs cueing to be on the mixer!

Mensajes Wed 19 Jun 13 @ 9:41 pm
This is an old topic from 2011, but please read our FAQ pages on this subject:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/External%20mixer%20pre-listening%20with%20headphones.html

When posting, please also use the correct forum, which in this case would be Hardware Technical Support for a hardware related question.

This forum is Mix Lessons for general help and advice on learning how to mix and/or improve your mixing skills, so a hardware technical question posted here is less likely to be seen by many users who could have otherwise helped you.

Mensajes Thu 20 Jun 13 @ 5:34 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)