Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Vinyl to Mp3 with Hercules 4-mx

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello everyone, it's me again with yet another question...

You know me I always look around on the forum and use my best friend google, but I can't seem to find an answer to my question.
Is my hercules 4-mx capable of ripping vinyl to mp3?
Is the sound quality gonna be good enough? Or do I need an extra soundcard to do this?

I really want to start ripping my old vinyls and making mp3 of them so I can use them in my sets.
I payed big bucks for them in the old days, and it would be a total waste if I couldn't digitalize them...

Hope I'll be hearing from you soon ;)
Thanx in advance!

Mensajes Fri 24 Feb 12 @ 5:23 pm
if you have a turntable to play the records and your RMX has a USB for recording or have a TAPE/OUT to feed into the LINE in to the computer, then you are all set.

If you don't have any, then this will do

http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/ttusb10

Mensajes Fri 24 Feb 12 @ 8:10 pm
Before I go buy things that I (hopefully) don't need, I would like to check if the current setup is sufficient for what I want...

I will elaborate on my equipment:

* 2 turntables JBSystems High Q10
* 1 Mixer Behringer DJX750
* 1 console Hercules 4-MX
* 1 laptop Sony Vaio

This is the back of my 4-mx

I have 2 inputs and 2 outputs, but I don't know if it's possible to do what I want.
I have a TAPE/OUT on the Behringer but at the moment the two aren't connected, because I don't now how, and I don't know what's the use of it.

Isn't there a way that I can hook up my turntable on the Behringer and then hook the Behringer up on my Hercules 4-mx, so I can record my vinyls without losing sound quality. And if so, please explain it to me, cause I don't know much about that :))
Or hook the turntable up on to the 4-mx?

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 5:07 am
It's not that hard: The 4MX does have stereo inputs which are switchable to Phono. That means you can hook up your turntables to those inputs.
Now I have never tried to use VDJ to rip vinyl, but most (freeware) programs can use your 4MX as an audiocard, like Audacity. It even allows you to set the quality of the MP3's to record.
Don't include the Behringer in your plans, try to keep it as simple as possible and to avoid setup- and gearproblems.

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 6:23 am
Ok I'll dump the behringer :)

Now that I know it's possible, can you please explain me how to do it... Cause I've been trying a lot of things and none of them work.
I haven't gotten to far... All I have now is my turntable is plugged in on my 4-mx on input 3&4.
But what settings do I need to have in Virtual DJ, so I can actually hear the turntable?

I tried to change the settings in my Dj control panel wich is down the left on my computer.

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 6:45 am
>>CLICK<<
It's the manual...... 3th page, button 19: Source. Don't forget to change the input-selector to Phono.
But why do you want to try to use VDJ to rip your records?

[EDIT]: And this: >>CLICK<< about how to configure external audio on your 4MX.

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 6:56 am
I think that's what I tried...
I hooked up the turntable, pressed Source 1, but nothing happens.
I also read the second manual , but I probably do something wrong, or forget something.

Why I want to use VDJ to rip my vinyls?

Because I think it's the easiest way to do it... (read: the only way I know)
As I told everyone before, I'm a digital beginner dj, I dj'ed before in the analoge age, stopped some time and now I want to dj again, but with all the new possibilities it's hard to understand :(

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 7:07 am
You've connected your TT to input 3 and 4. My (wild) guess would be that these inputs are routed to deck 2 and therefor you should try Source 2.
Martin FourS wrote :
... but most (freeware) programs can use your 4MX as an audiocard, like Audacity. It even allows you to set the quality of the MP3's to record.

I did make this suggestion, so you can leave your config of VDJ as it is. Just to keep things simple.

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 7:15 am
I'm a little confused now... I tought my 4-mx only works with VDJ, so I assumed I HAVE to do it with VDJ.

I took a printscreen of my settings (hope you can read it)

I've tried pressing on Source 2, nothing happens...
First I connected it to 1&2 and pressed Source 1, nothing happens...

Why do they make it all so hard for me.
I am used to plugging something in, and it works, now I have to change stuff and settings to make things work :(

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 7:22 am
Well I have sound now coming out of my speakers while VDJ is NOT running...
It all gets more confusing, the more I try.

My 4-mx is connected to an amplifier and connected to my laptop.
My laptop doesn't register the sound so I think it's going to be hard to record it.

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 7:53 am
To avoid writing novels again I've send you a PM ;D

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 9:16 am
Here is a small pic to follow.

But if your TURNTABLE has a USB to plug in to the PC, then avoid the mixer all together.

The ION has a USB connection to PC so no need for MIXER to connect to pc.

Use Audacity (FREE Porgram) to do your recording.

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 9:36 am
The pic is clear. If you put 4MX in place of the mixer (which connect with USB to the PC) you're done. No need for the Ion.

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 9:42 am
A VERY big thank you to MartinFourS, who helped me with this problem :))
He did it for me on my computer thanks to Teamviewer.

Now I am able to record my vinyls, without having to buy a thing...

I am glad it works now :)

Again THANK YOU !!!!

If anyone else has the same question, I think I know the answer now LOL :p

Mensajes Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 7:48 am
@ Stevie, can you forward me the info you got on this matter. I'm going through the same thing right now. You can PM me or post it here. I have two Technic 1200's and a Numark mixer. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Mensajes Sun 16 Sep 12 @ 11:13 am
Can I use turntables with VDJ (LE), nothing on the configuration screen that gives me that option

Mensajes Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 11:31 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
No.
You need a Timecode Licence or Pro Infinitiy Licence.

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 17 @ 9:08 am
Locked as dated by AMAHM

Mensajes Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 1:04 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)