Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Video playback freezes...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi there. I just bought a new laptop:

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G75VW/#specifications

I added the a second HDD Solid State just to work with VDJ. All my media it's in an external Seagate 3TB HDD. Works incredible great, ultra fast and Im pretty happy. BUT, when I play videos, they work great randomly, I mean, could work fine for a few seconds or for a several mintues. The video freezes, but the sounds goes OK, even when load next song, the video still freeze. I have to enter at OPTIONS, VIDEO and uncheck the ACTIVATE button, and then ACTIVATE again, and works again... for a while.

That happends in window mode, or in extended screen mode with a projector. With internal sound card, and with the Denon MC6000.

Im pretty sure that is somewhat to config, because VDJ doesnt crashes. Codecs are the newest from Klite Codec Pack (standard and 64 bit, both installed). With Windows Media Player, or Media Player Classic works flawless, so I dont think that could be a codec problem.

I looked for drivers updates, but there is no updates already.

If I uncheck the hardware acceleration, it happends too (the freeze) in window mode.

Any commend, suggestion or opinion, will be greatly thankful.

Mensajes Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 9:07 pm
So all the Media is on a External Drive? Stick a handful of Videos in the Laptop and see how they go.

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 3:22 am
Thanks for the suggestion... will do it tomorrow morning and will report results.

BTW, I'm using Win7 Pro 64-Bit in the SSD. I will install VDJ in the other HDD (hitachi 1Tb) with Win7 Home Edition 64-Bit, just to test it.

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 10:25 pm
Nope.... same issue. I did copy a folder to the desktop, and load it in VDJ and freezes randomly the video playback (music from videos goes ok).

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 11:20 am
Same on the other HDD. :(

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 1:19 pm
Check your laptop is utilizing the proper video card for VDJ and not the internal "on the chip" one.

Check Bios to see if it can force use of the Nvidia card (if there is also a built in one)

Keith

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 1:25 pm
Actually that's what i tried to do at first. But there is only one video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M with dedicated 2Gb DDR5 of memory (not shared).

thanks anyway.

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 2:00 pm

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 2:09 pm

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 4:52 pm
Well... After checking the NvidiaFreezeBug tab, the VideoUseAllMemory tab (with 1024 still froze), and the VideoYV12Bug I have been playing for a while flawless. I have stuff to do later, so I will keep testing tomorrow morning.

THANK YOU GUYS!, You have no idea how much I appreciate your help. I do love VDJ, but I do love much more this forum and their members.

Cheers!

PS. When I can solve my issue, I will delete the video from youtube, just to avoid bashing it.

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 5:41 pm
Well, it doesn't haven't freeze yet, but some videos the image plays too slow, like if they were in slow motion, but the music goes OK, but obviously out of sync. Now I'm thinking that could be the new version of Codec Package from K-lite. Any other codec package that you suggest me?

Thanks!

Mensajes Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 10:20 am
I had these problems look at my listings dvjeastwood, you need to go to nvidia website and try different drivers for your graphics card, I have nvidia gt650m and i installed beta driver 304.79 and all fine now.

That nvidia freeze bug business is not relevant on newer computers only old intel chipsets.

Don't bother with dj registry tool I spent ages trying all the settings and all it needed was a newer driver. when i looked on nvidia it said I had the newest and only driver but if you keep looking they have newer beta drivers available. yours might need same driver as mine

I think the dj registry tool is very good for older computers that had problems.

Mensajes Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 5:00 pm
by the way if you use the nvidia freeze bug and the other tick boxes it cocks the newer compters up it made my video run even worse

Mensajes Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 5:02 pm
THANKS!!!! I didn't look for beta drivers... I will tomorrow morning and will post results.

DVJEASTWOOD wrote :
by the way if you use the nvidia freeze bug and the other tick boxes it cocks the newer compters up it made my video run even worse

You are correct!!!!, after using the registry tool, in the video window, you can actually notice the "cursor" drawing the picture of some frames. I will reset it, and try with video drivers. THANKS A LOT!

Mensajes Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 11:22 pm
DVJEASTWOOD wrote :
I had these problems look at my listings dvjeastwood, you need to go to nvidia website and try different drivers for your graphics card, I have nvidia gt650m and i installed beta driver 304.79 and all fine now.

WALLA!!!! I installed the beta 306.02 dated August-27-2012 and tested for 3 hours playing FLAWLESS!!!!

Thanks a lot! Everything is ultrafast (compared with my old VDJ PC). I really really appreciate your help.

PROBLEM SOLVED - I deleted the video that I posted.

Mensajes Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 11:35 am
Excellent, glad you're sorted.

Have fun!

Keith

Mensajes Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 12:09 pm
Am having the same issue on mac book book pro (17-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Hi-Res glossy widescreen display, 1920-by-1200 resolution
4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM 750GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm 8x double-layer SuperDrive Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6750M) The video is slow or keeps drifting away from the audio. How do i resolve this?

Mensajes Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 6:10 am
willkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Gazully, unless you are loading the entire song or video into RAM ( which i hope most people do anyway ) for the most part, a 5400rpm drive is not the thing to use with video. A 7200 rpm drive or better, most people are going to solid state drive, or hybrid drive for their operating system, and as for me, to get away from carrying around an external drive, i bought a 1TB 7200rpm internal laptop drive, and a 2nd hard drive caddy, that fits into the slot of your DVD drive. The laptop drive slips into it, then the whole thing screws into place after you remove your DVD drive. My lappy runs so much better with everything internal, it also takes that extra strain off of the USB port and shifts it to the motherboard. Much better performance.

Mensajes Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:23 pm
VDJCUTPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Try this :
djshaitown wrote :
THANK YOU DJCHRISCUT !!!!!!!!!!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED !!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!! OFFICIAL ANSWER BELOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Try altering these settings in the registry editor,take note of the original settings first to go back to if they dont work.I was pulling out my hair for ages.It worked for me,every video froze after a few seconds and everybody seemed to blame windows 7 or a bug in VDJ 7 and i tried all the posted suggestions with no joy,but its normally down to dual video cards and video memory allocation not the programs or software.
Tap on the windows icon to bring up the search window and type in regedit,click on regedit, this brings up the registry editor.Find and open up the virtual dj file and scroll down the page and change the following to the values by their side and give it a go.

Double click on the following to open up then click on the Hexadecimal button and input these figures;

VideoMemoryFree = hexadecimal 1491
VideoMemoryMaxUse =hexadecimal 1

These are the figures i have now inputted and it got rid of the freezing problem,TAKE NOTE OF THE ORIGINALS FIRST in case it throws your program out, but it worked for me and i am now having no problems at all and all sorts of transitions and video effects can be thrown at it at once with NO video playback freeze!!!!."

Mensajes Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 6:06 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)