Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Different BPM mixing...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi!

I want to create a mix with songs ranging from 135 BPM and 150BPM. How can i create good transitions with two tracks with different BPM.

Thanks!

Mensajes Mon 22 Oct 12 @ 3:53 pm
That's what the pitch control is for....

Mensajes Mon 22 Oct 12 @ 5:49 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
be careful ...if the pitchrange is too big....our tracks will sound terrible...!
Check your tracks for the bpm`s and the key`s...create a list where you have a certain order of tracks and keys so that the difference between increases slowly

Mensajes Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 9:25 am
roBroY09 wrote :
be careful ...if the pitchrange is too big....our tracks will sound terrible...!
Check your tracks for the bpm`s and the key`s...create a list where you have a certain order of tracks and keys so that the difference between increases slowly

Cheers both of you!

Mensajes Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 12:25 pm
you can slowly adjust the pitch up on track 1 then add delay and drop track 2 when it's 150, it's more about playing around with pitch speed and effects and HEAR which one sounds good to you. ears are your best friend.

Mensajes Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 10:49 pm
souprice wrote :
you can slowly adjust the pitch up on track 1 then add delay and drop track 2 when it's 150, it's more about playing around with pitch speed and effects and HEAR which one sounds good to you. ears are your best friend.

Thanks alot for the advice! Now creating great mixes with different BPMs!

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 12 @ 5:04 pm
I try to keep the BPM differences to less than 50, preferably 5. That's why your library has BPMs, use the vertical BPM slider to adjust your current song a little closer to the next song,and after queuing the next song bring that one closer to the last song.

Once they're close, use the sync to get them together, loop your intro, make the transition, and then after you're "safe", hit CTRL + the NUMpad * and it will slowly adjust its BPM back to the song's default BPM. Your audience may notice some beat change, but if you're only going a couple BPM then you're alright.

You can always leave the song at the adjusted BPMs if you want to segway into another track that is even more off from the first... This lets you build up the speed of your sets.

I am just a home DJ / IT guy who likes dance music, but I have this mastered so far. Keep playing!

Mensajes Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 10:57 am
DjWild0Home userMember since 2012
is there any way to check the note (Gm, E etc ) before you load it onto a deck?

Mensajes Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 5:46 am
Yes, have VDJ analyse the songs by scanning them into the database.

Also, for a more accurate result (as VDJ is minor key biased) you can use software such as Mixed In Key.

Mensajes Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 7:13 am
groovindj wrote :
Yes, have VDJ analyse the songs by scanning them into the database.

Also, for a more accurate result (as VDJ is minor key biased) you can use software such as Mixed In Key.

Furthermore, you can then right click the title bar at the top of your tracks, and add more columns, including key, Times Played, BPM. This way, you can for example, arrange your tunes to list the slower ones first, or those of the same key first, and blend them into a slowly faster-and-faster mix.

I mainly mix Hard House as a hobbyist, and because its all recorded at much the same speed, I use the pitchlock function (little padlock next to pitch controller) to nudge the pace up perhaps just an extra beat per minute, per track. I do this when blending the two tracks together, as its less noticeable.

A sudden shift in 8 or 9bpm in one go stands out like sore thumb, (or clumsy fingers!), but such a dramatic change over, say, half an hour, or five or six tracks, and hardly anyone notices, you just leave your audience knowing the last track in your set you play to them was proper stomping, and full of energy, compared to the more relaxed vibe you started your set with.

Mike

Mensajes Fri 18 Jan 13 @ 2:48 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)